Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday kicked off the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale so after a stressful week at work, I met Brittan at the flagship store downtown Seattle and we shopped. I felt like it was necessary since, 1. I still have a job (and therefore I will have more paychecks to replenish my bank account), and 2. I worked hard and endured a lot of stress for that money, so I figured why not blow a little on some things I needed anyway? I don't normally feel guilty for spending money (within my means on things I need or experiences that make me happy) but this felt extra justified.
 
 
After shopping we met Natalie, Justin and Boyd at El Borracho in Ballard for some Mexican food and margaritas. Mexican food and margaritas with good friends is one of my very favorite things. It satisfies my soul. I could do that for dinner every day and be the happiest.
 
 
After dinner I texted with an old friend for a while from the comfort of my couch while watching Friends reruns and drinking a Sofia (because having a drink while talking to someone isn't the same as drinking alone! and even if it was, it was also warranted after this week ha). Have you guys tried Sofias? They're tasty, individual serving size cans of champagne and they're sort of genius!  
 
^^Fuzzy Sofia selfie^^
 
Saturday Dustin and I headed to Brinnon (on the Hood Canal) for a night of camping, round 2 with Josh, Katie, Art and Amy. We grilled fresh seafood (oysters, crab, and clams), made Bop-It into a drinking game, managed not to burn off any of our hair in the camp fire and planned a trip to Vegas! It rained during the night (of course it did! isn't that the way it always works?) but we all managed to stay pretty dry. Overall it was a really successful night of camping.
 
 ^^The view from Josh's (and Katie's) family's property in Brinnon^^
 
I'm already looking forward to next weekend. Isn't that the way it always works?

P.S. my weekend jam (because it's summer and this song is catchy, even if the video isn't):

3 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

Seattle looks beautiful! :)

Yes, a big shopping trip is warranted. I'm glad you didn't lose your job. That restaurant looks pretty good as well.

Andrew-L'autre said...

Love the downtown shot; I'd love to go back to Seattle again one day. I loved visiting it.

Yay! You posted "Boom Clap", too! I actually like the video, as well as the song, but each to their own. :)

And, as I said elsewhere, I'm glad you still have your job.

Legally Lovely said...

For some reason, I thought I commented on this, but I didn't? Maybe I just got confused because I wrote you an email instead. Who knows. It's not very comforting that my brain is not that sharp when I'm kind of youngish. Whatever.

I need to get my hands on some cans of champagne. That's really what I came here to say. Also, I'm ready to move to Hood River. Think I can apply for reciprocity?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...