This year Dustin and I stuck around Seattle for Christmas. Coincidentally, so did our friends Art and Amy, which meant that we got to spend Christmas Eve together. And I'm so glad we did because it was one of the best Christmas Eves either Dustin or I can remember.
We went ice skating and I was REALLY bad at it, but still had a total blast:
On the way home from ice skating we decided to make a pit stop to walk along the water and see the "clam lights" at Coulon Beach, on Lake Washington.
Then, when we were almost back to Art and Amy's, we drove by the Seattle Great Wheel which was all lit up in red and green lights for Christmas. None of us had been on the giant, waterfront Ferris wheel yet, so per Dustin's request, we decided to take pit stop #2 and ride the great wheel.
After that we were all starving, so we snacked on some cheese and crackers when we got back to Art and Amy's apartment, and played rock band while dinner cooked (I was the singer and I was maybe really bad at it). Amy made salad and a delicious Cornish Game Hen dish, and I made tiramisu for desert. Obviously we lingered after dinner (until around Midnight) to chat and enjoy a few festive drinks.
It was great! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend as well!!
(and in case you are curious, here is a recap of the other things I did on Christmas eve: stood in line for an hour to get into the seafood market to buy food for Christmas dinner, fought the insane crowds at whole foods, bought Dustin stocking stuffers (which I put off until Christmas eve, of course), and made this pasta dish for lunch with prosciutto instead of chicken (verdict: delicious)).
2 comments:
Thanks so much for the tweet about my new little Nephews (I'm pretty partial, but I think they're perfect)! It looks like an amazing and perfect Christmas Eve. So glad you were with people you love...that can make even the most ordinary--extraordinary. oxo
That sounds like such a fun, wonderful christmas eve! It sounds like y'all had some great spontaneous adventures!
Post a Comment