Two weekends ago I drove back to Hood River to celebrate Marissa's birthday. I missed it last year because I was studying for the bar/living at the law library/generally hating my life, and I promised her then that I would be there to celebrate this year.
I drove down on Saturday morning, which, by the way, is far less traffic-y than driving down on a Friday night. I would highly recommend it. When I got into town it was absolutely beautiful outside, so I decided to play third wheel and I tagged along with Josh and Sarah (and Kiva and Lala) on a min-adventure to Mosier to visit Josh's dad.
Sarah and I in Mosier
LaLa and I (OMG I made friends with a dog!)
After Mosier, the three of us headed back into Hood River, blasting some old school Nelly #sogood. We grabbed a quick bite to eat from Colby at Hajukin Cuisine (also #sogood) then headed to Dog River for a little birthday prefunk with the crew.
From back left: Tonya, Caroline, Marissa, Rachel, Florian, Phoebe, Josh S, Me, Sarah, Tall Paul and Dave (front and center)
Marissa wearing my birthday gift to her: JORTERALLS! I'm sort of obsessed and want some for myself now. #OOTD
The rest of the nigh included drinks at the pub, a dance party at Jack's (my favorite) where I successfully requested both "Hot in Here" (because I just couldn't get enough) and "Blurred Lines" and got to share a scorpion bowl with my friends.
Caroline, Abby, Huggie, Beth and Florian sharing some Scorpion bowl at Jack's
Then, to top it all off, after the bars closed, Huggie convinced a cab driver to take a van full of us through the Taco Bell Drive through, after which we devoured $36 worth of cheap tacos around the TREW house coffee table before Beth and I walked back to her place to sleep for a few hours.
The next day a few of us did breakfast then Beth and I decided to go into Portland for a few hours of walking around NW 23rd St, shopping and some really delicious mac and cheese before I drove back to Seattle.
It was a really quick, super fun Hood River trip and I can't wait to go back for the 4th of July!



4 comments:
LOVE THIS.
Blurred Lines is my most recent jam, also Ignition Remix. But, all your old-school jams are definitely killing it.
All good nights end up at Taco Bell. Last week of school, my girlfriend's boyfriend picked three of us up and we spent over FIFTY DOLLARS at 2am in the drive thru. Also, my girlfriend jumped out of the car at the drive thru and found a mix cd on the ground; I think it was like, Ghetto Gangsta Jamz, or something. I don't know. It was fabulous. Oh, Taco Bell.
P.S. the bar exam is ruining my life. i hate it so much. i called alex like, an hour ago to whine and tell him i think i'm going to fail, and he said, "FINE. You always say you're going to fail. Just go ahead and do it." and now i hate errrryone.
I love that picture of you and Lala; I hope Lala wasn't too bothered about being picked up! :) Miss those forests, too. :/
Funny you mentioned "Blurred Lines" again...it's still number one here!
Oh my gosh, that dog is so cute!
www.ciderwithrosie.com
oh my goodness you guys are adorable. Sounds and looks so fun. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I've got some super exciting news I'm sharing on my blog today. I'd love if you'd check it out. xo
www.fashboulevard.com
Post a Comment