Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend 2014


This past weekend was spent with some of my favorites people Seattle. My friend Sarah came up Friday after work for the weekend and my friends Danielle and Steffen were in town for a wedding. Friday night I had nachos and ginger beer margaritas waiting at my apartment for Sarah and I to eat when she got into town. After our late dinner we grabbed an Uber downtown to meet up with Danielle and Steffen for a drink (at the weirdest bar I've ever been to in Seattle). We stayed for one $2.50 vodka soda, a few songs about marijuana and minimum wage and anal beads (WTF? Open Mic Night) before we headed back to my apartment to get some rest.

Saturday Sarah and I went to the always packed Portage Bay Café in South Lake Union for a reallllly delicious breakfast. Luckily we had a reservation so we didn't have to wait long for a table. That being said, it's totally worth the wait. Go there for breakfast if you're ever in Seattle. After breakfast I dropped Sarah off downtown for her Taxidermy class. She taxidermied (is that the right word?) a rat. It was weird and cool and totally random. I feel like she needs to forever use that fact in random icebreaker exercises.

After I dropped Sarah off at her class, I met Danielle and Steffen at Pike Place Market. It was pouring rain but it wasn't too cold so we walked around, they got some Beecher's Mac and Cheese, we looked at flowers (see above pictures) and eventually we found a covered, outside table where we got three coffees and sat catching up for a bit before they had to leave to get ready for the wedding they were attending that evening.

Saturday evening I picked up Sarah and we took forever deciding what we wanted to do for the night. We eventually settled on Indian food for dinner. We went to Taste of India which is my favorite Indian place in Seattle. It's near my house, and it's so random and amazing. The restaurant is in an old house and the outside is covered in tacky decorations and lights, but they have the best service and the food is great. We enjoyed some complimentary appetizers and chai while we waited for a table (the place was packed) and then enjoyed a really tasty meal.

After dinner we decided to go to Cinnebarre and watch The Grand Budapest Hotel while we drank an adult beverage. We both really liked the movie. In addition to being visually interesting (like all of Wes Anderson's movies) this movie seemed to really keep my attention and had more action than some of his other movies.

Sunday morning we got coffee before Sarah headed back to Hood River. I then headed to Josh and Katie's for Easter brunch. I usually spend Easter with Dustin but he was vacationing in Vegas (whhhatever Dustin haha). We had frittata, mimosas and cake. We played games and watched Now and Then. It was a relaxing, delicious Easter. And weekend in general!

5 comments:

Andrew-L'autre said...

I quickly looked up the Portage Bay Cafe and Taste of India; they both sound like nice places where people can eat.

I was surprised - albeit amused - when you mentioned those...ahem, beads. Not something I was expecting to read! :D

Rebeka said...

Andrew, imagine my surprise when I heard him singing about it in public! Oh my word. I mean, the bar was pretty empty, but there was still a group of probably 20 of us and a few other random people. YIKES!

Musings of a Creative Writer said...

Sounds like a great weekend and some great places. :) When I move, get a good job and settled, I'd like to visit Seattle. :)

Rebeka said...

Jessica, yes Seattle is awesome. It's a great place to visit (or live). It's gorgeous here and there are lots of great places to eat and things to do.

Rebeka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...