^^Natalie, Ambur, Erin, Brittan and I super excited to be at the beach!^^
Friday after work, Dustin and I drove to Ocean Shores, WA, to meet our friends (Ambur, Adam, Rob, Brittan, Natalie, Erin, Pat and Paul) for the weekend. We rented a huge house on the beach that sleeps like 37 people (overkill? maybe.), it was magical.
We immediately headed to the beach on Friday when we got to town because it was sunny and warm and beautiful. The beach was magical minus the fact that millions of these blue jellyfish had washed up on the beach and were now decomposing on the sand… Once you got used to them, though, it wasn’t too bad.
^^Ambur, Erin, Brittan, Natalie and I^^
Friday night we had a fiesta complete with margaritas and tacos and games and decorations and hats and an end of the night bonfire with birthday cake.
^^There we go, practically a music video shoot^^
Saturday morning I made biscuits & gravy with cheesy scrambled eggs for everyone. The girls then complained about wanting OJ for long enough that Rob went out and got us some (thanks Rob!!). He could have also agreed to go to the store for OJ so he didn’t have to listen to our conversation about getting #reckedthroughyourrectum. No joke. Apparently “booty bumping” is a real life thing (that none of us do/have ever done) but is super funny to joke about when you’re hungover. We spent the rest of the day in the warm sunshine at the beach drinking screwdrivers and beers. We did yoga in the sand and practiced handstands and Brittan and I made up a really awesome dance-type routine that we totally nailed. #skillz
While we were at the beach Natalie and I found a live crab overturned in the low tide. When we realized he was still alive we named him Jesus the Crab, took pictures with him, and then set him free in knee deep water. He immediately swam away when I put him back in the water! Hooray for Jesus the Crab!
^^Jesus the Crab. Isn’t he cute?!^^
^^Fake acro yoga^^
Late Saturday afternoon there was a lot of napping, eating tortilla chips dipped in leftover sausage gravy and leftover birthday cake and leftover tacos. We watched Step Brothers, and then people started partying again. I didn’t make it up very late or party very hard (am I getting old?!?!), but there was definitely a few who lasted until like 5am taking shots of beer and then slapping each other (I don’t understand either?! But the Snapchats were hillarious). Ha!
Sunday there was waffles and eggs for breakfast and clean up time and then Dustin and I headed back to Seattle where we ate seafood for late lunch (because we failed at that activity while we were at the beach) and did chores and watched The Interview and called it an early night.
Now, I leave you with the funniest picture from the whole weekend:
^^Senor Brittan and Senorita Dustin^^
The End!
1 comment:
I haven't been to a sunny beach for years but I'd love to go again. :)
Post a Comment