This past weekend was Seattle-y.
Friday night there was pizza and rosé and updates on either everyone’s babies or their careers at this new Ethan Stowell pizza joint, Frelard Pizza Co. with my sorority sisters, because Ally was visiting from NYC:
^^Julia, Erin, Ally, Elizabeth, Kate, Kylee, me and AJo^^
After dinner + a drink I headed home because I had to be up early to do reunion prep with Katie on Saturday. We got coffee and picked up pictures and got things from Dustin and ran my car through the car wash (necessary reunion activity, obvs), and went to the craft store and to Costco. Then we went back to my apartment and ordered Indian food for lunch (butter chicken and nann 4ever!) and got spray glue all over everything I own, including my feet, while gluing pictures to poster boards. But after it was done I felt a million times better about the reunion. Having someone to help me with all of that and to gossip with me while we were doing all of the prep made it sooooooooo much less terrible. Thank you, Katie!!
When we were done reunion prepping, Katie’s husband Josh met us and we went to Seafood Fest in Ballard (for the second year in a row) where we met my coworker Dave, his GF Tia and Dustin’s coworker (B)Art. Some ate Seafood, all drank beer and then eventually we got in an Uber XL and headed to a brewery to meet Rob and Matt who were 1/2 way through an all-day 12-brewery tour. We finished it with them. Can you say shit-show?
^^Josh, Katie, Me, Rob and Dave in the back^^
Oh and at one point I was too tired to walk so Rob gave me a piggy pack ride. Friends since middle school (fun fact: Rob’s mom was my preschool teacher and my cheer coach):
^^Me, Rob, Matt, Katie, Josh, (B)Art & Tia being sad that Art’s wife, Amy wasn’t there, obviously^^
On Sunday I watched Netflix and snacked on leftover Indian food for a significant portion of the morning. When I finally got up, Dustin and I did a Goodwill drop off, had a v fancy date at Bahama Breeze in the Southcenter Mall Parking Lot (complete with terrible live music and a beverage in a young coconut), shopped a little, went to Ikea and then watched a Redbox while sipping on Mojitos complete with mint from his urban, deck garden.
Successful Seattle weekend, right there!
This coming Saturday is my 10 year high school reunion (which I’ve been planning for what feels like a million years). I’m super excited for it and I think it’s going to be really fun. I’m also kind of excited for it to be over because it has been a lot more work than I initially anticipated. Let that be a lesson to you, boys and girls, when your former class president comes to you and says he’s not going to plan anything and asks you to do it, remember it’s a LOT more work and stress than you think it’s going to be! Move forward informed. Ok that’s all. BYE4NOW.
1 comment:
Ugh. I'm in charge of planning our ten-year reunion next year. Send help.
Post a Comment