^^View from the house + personalized koozy^^
^^Birthday girl, personalized koozy, gold wall, rental house magic^^
^^Saturday morning yoga at the rental house^^
On Friday after Emily's birthday we planned a bar crawl complete with clues (for which bar we were going to next) that the bartenders had waiting. We went from the Trillium to Double Mountain to Brian's Pourhouse for dinner, then to the Pub before finally ending up at River City where more friends were waiting. We then ended the night walking up a million stairs back to the rental house and we were all sore the next morning hah. It was a fun night, even if it wasn't a total surprise because Emily had seen the Facebook invite open when her boyfriend was browsing Facebook one day, ha!
^^Emily and I at Trillium, stop one on her 21 run^^
^^Brother Neil and I at Emily's Bday Dinner^^
That Saturday was the Double Mountain Anniversary Party which was super fun. We day drank beers in the sunshine, and then night drank beers under a tent, ate pizza, chatted with our favorite people, listened to live music and eventually ended up at the Pub when the party shut down. We ended the night by walking up the million flights of stairs to our rental house and kept the party going (just 4 of us at this point, Beth, Emily, Emily's BF Kelly and me) in the hot tub with PBRs. Breakfast the next morning followed by the 4 hour drive back to Seattle was in a word, rough.
^^Me and the entire Runnels Family at the DM Anniversary Party^^
^^Gaby, Emily and I at the DM Anniversary Party^^
^^Take 2!^^
The one thing that was missing from Emily's 21st birthday weekend though, was Jack's. Jack's is magical and it was closed for an entire month starting on her birthday. They reopened the weekend after I got back from Mexico, so Beth and I met once again in Hood River to take Emily to Jack's for the first time. Can I say success? SHE LOVED IT! We had some beers at double mountain, followed by dinner at Henni's and then a dance party at Emily and Kelly's apartment. Eventually we made our way to the Pub to wait until the appropriate time (Jack's O-Clock) to head down to Hood River's most magical bar. We obviously purchased scorpion bowls and an appetizer platter (fried Chinese food, yes!). After our snacks and drinks we danced and danced and at one point on the dance floor Emily shouted "CAN WE COME BACK TOMORROW?!" Lol. So good.
^^Day beers on the patio at Double Mountain are the best beers^^
^^Shout out to Phinny for the multiple shots^^
^^Emily's first ever Scorpion Bowl^^
The next day we went to Hood River Cider Fest and then out to dinner and then I called it an early night because I can't party like that two nights in a row.
Celebrating Emily and going on 2 21st birthday extravaganzas was super fun and made me feel kind of old, but also kind of proud that I was able to hang! Happy 21st Emily, we love you!











No comments:
Post a Comment