Friday night our friends Tonya and Launa hosted a going-away-Luau complete with Teriyaki Bowls, a living room dance party, lots of photos, a Tiki Bar, and a best-dressed contest (which Tall Paul, below, won).
^^Marissa and I^^
^^Tall Paul and Marissa^^
^^Maybe the most awkward picture of Me, Marissa and Beth ever ^^ Most of the pictures from the night aren't with me so this is the best it's going to get right now, you're welcome^^
Saturday I went to my parents' house to surprise my dad for his birthday. While I was there I spent some time spooning with my Fluffy cat, dreaming of the commune and visiting the kittens.
^^Fluffy and I spooning #preciousmoments^^
^^My dad making the biggest kitten wave at the camera^^
After my visit I put on my rain jacket and boots and headed to Hood River Hops Fest. I've gone the past three years and every year it's completely amazing. If you've never tried fresh hopped beer, you should do so immediately. It's delicious.
It rained most of the day while we were at Hops Fest, but they had tents set up and we mentally prepared ourselves for the weather so we still had a great time.
^^Sarah, Launa and myself^^
When Hops Fest was over we headed up the street to the Pub to dry off, regroup and (of course) have another beer. Beth and I spent the rest of the night dance partying. First we stopped at this amazing office dance party downtown Hood River, complete with a DJ, free beer, the fact that it was new and different and a bunch of friends. After the DJ ended his set we walked down to Jack's to end the night in style. We danced until the lights came on and then I took myself to Josh and Sarah's and crashed on their couch.
The next morning I had breakfast with Josh and Sarah after waiting forever in line because of course everywhere in town was packed, but it was totally worth it because it gave us ample time to discuss the previous day/night's events. After breakfast I went to Beth's to help her pack some of her stuff before saying goodbye and heading back to Seattle in a crazy rain/wind storm. I'm so sad that Beth won't be in Hood River anymore when I go back to visit and also sad that she's a whole 7 hours away from me now, but I do love Boise, and this gives me an excuse to fly down and visit all the time!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend! What a bummer that your friend is moving away! :( One of my best friends moved to Boston last year which is about six hours from me. It's hard to be so far apart but nice to have an excuse to travel! :)
Post a Comment