Last night I went to a Paint Nite event with my friends Natalie and Danielle. I'm not artistic in the slightest so while I was really looking forward to the event, I was also a little nervous about the whole process. I was assured, however, that they great at guiding you through the process and will help you if you mess up (both of which were true). Also I was definitely reassured by the fact that there is wine to assist in the process!
^^Sky and water base laid down^^
I've been feeling a little "off" this week and I think painting, friendship and wine was exactly what I needed. Painting was oddly calming and it was fun to do something artistic and easy. Plus it's really gross outside in Seattle right now, so painting a summery sunset took my mind off of that too. Score!
^^Danielle and Natalie with their works-in-progress^^
Activities with tangible results are always very satisfying for me, so this was perfect. At the end of the night I could hold my painting in my hand and feel proud that I spent the last two hours socializing, relaxing AND making something! Also I learned some new painting techniques, like dry brushing - don't judge me, seriously I have no artistic skills - which was awesome.
^^My finished painting^^
I think it's safe to say that I'm totally hooked. I want to go back and do another Paint Nite in the near future, or maybe just buy some canvas and paint and paint something on my own.
On second thought though, maybe another guided night of painting would be a good first step (I seriously have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to making art, and it was nice having a little instruction). Has anyone ever done an activity like this with another company they would recommend? Or any other similar experience they'd recommend? I would love to hear suggestions.
^^Danielle, Myself and Natalie with our finished paintings^^
Today is Natalie's Birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!) and we're celebrating with napoleon style pizza and red wine later. I can't wait. Two days of friendship in a row (during the week even) makes me so excited.
Happy Tuesday everyone.

2 comments:
I'm glad that the friendship/painting/wine combination helped cure you of your "off" day. :) It's been a long, long time since I last did any painting!
Happy birthday to your friend Natalie, too. :)
I just did this last weekend too!! So much fun. And we actually decided we may do a girl's night at home and paint too!
Post a Comment