Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fremont Oktoberfest 2013

Last week I was sick for the first time in about a year, which was a total bummer, but in the midst of the sickness I got some really great news: I FINALLY passed the ethics portion of the bar (apparently the MPRE was my jam! I rocked that #notsohumblebrag) and I can FINALLY be a real life lawyer, guys, it's all very exciting, albeit maybe a little anticlimactic? Anyway, to celebrate my coworker took me out for a long lunch of nachos and sangria and pumpkin spice lattes and shopping on Friday. It was really great. After work on Friday I continued the celebration by waiting in line and buying myself a new phone, which I love. My old one was on its very last leg. While my new phone isn't gold, it's still pretty on the inside (and the fingerprint unlock feature is rad).


I spent the remainder of Friday night on my couch trying to get myself better. I think it worked.

Saturday morning I woke up to a call from Gaby, got out of bed, bought myself a coffee and walked around Greenlake to try and sweat out the remaining little bit of sickness that may have been lingering.

^^Greenlake^^

After my walk I felt awesome so I put on my game face (read: some make up), did my hair and headed to Oktoberfest in Fremont with Natalie, Brittan and Danielle.

^^A selfie for my friend Lisa^^

It ended up being a beautiful day filled with girl time, beer tasting, grilled cheese eating (from the gourmet grilled cheese truck) and more beer tasting. And, at one point a group of guys exclaimed "Oooh skinny girls!" as we walked by. So awkward and funny (especially considering we're all pretty average size), so we kept joking about throughout the day, of course! #skinnygirlsgoballzdeep

 ^^Brittan, Natalie, Danielle and Myself at Oktoberfest^^

The lowest point of the day came when I left my favorite jacket in an Uber (and cannot for the life of me get the phone number of the driver to get it back, WTF?). First world problem, I know, but still!

Sunday I spent the day pretending to watch the Seahawks game (really: reading a magazine, eating pizza and caramel corn, drinking pumpkin beer, complaining about my back, doing laundry and taking a bath) and then actually watching the Emmys.

Overall it was a pretty successful, low key Seattle weekend!

P.S. how is it ONLY Tuesday? I'm ready for the weekend again.

Did you guys do anything fun last weekend? Do you have any plans for next weekend? I'm planning on round-two beer fest-ing in Hood River next weekend and I can't wait!

2 comments:

SummerBreeze said...

CONGRATULATIONS COUNSELOR!!!

Legally Lovely said...

Again, super SUPER congratulations on passing the bar. I can't wait until you're all sworn in and offish and all. I was sick last week too! I sweat my colds out too, but I do it with a bowl of my neighborhood Mexican joint's chicken and rice soup. I SWEAR it cures the common cold and it is so, so delicious with all these chunks of avocados swimming in it. nomnomnomnom.

Um, you are beautiful and skinny and all the pretty adjectives. Also, beer and gourmet grilled cheese sound SO GOOD. I think I am supposed to live in the Pacific Northwest?

God, I know I owe you an email and I've been saying it for WEEKS. Will write you one when it's not 2am. (oooooops.)

LOVE YOU LOTS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...