Thursday, September 5, 2013

Laurence Lake, Kittens, a Puppy and My Favorite People

 
A few weekends ago I spent my millionth summer weekend in Hood River and it was magical. I got into town Friday evening and headed to the Sandbar Cafe with Beth to meet Sarah stare at the above scenery, drink a beer and listen to some live music. It was the perfect welcome to town.
 
(get ready for some crappy iPhone photos...
^^Sarah, Beth, Laura and Launa making dinner^^

After the sandbar café we headed to our friend Launa's house for a girls night. We walked up to the Farm Stand (side note: I wish the Farm Stand was in Seattle, swoon!), bought some fresh ingredients and made a delicious dinner complete with wine and chocolate gelato which we ate with spoons straight from the carton while chatting around the table.

Saturday Josh, Sarah, Marissa, Zara, Kiva and I headed up to Laurence Lake for a few hours of relaxing by the water.

^^Kiva at Laurence Lake^^ 
 
After we left the lake I dropped Marissa and Zara so Zara could nap, picked up Beth and she, Josh, Sarah and I headed up to my parents' house to play with kittens and my parents' puppy (read: giant, 9 month old German Shepard). 
 
 ^^Me, Josh and Beth at my parents' house with kittens^^
 
^^Blaze and Snack (dog and cat) playing^^ 

^^After Sarah tamed this giant dog and we became friends^^ 

After getting our fill of Baby Animals on the Farm (was that anyone else's favorite book growing up?!) we left and headed to the Crazy Pepper for Mexican food and margaritas.

After we were full we relaxed for a while before heading to the pub to meet up with some more friends. The usual: drinks and chatting ensued and Beth and I ended up dancing our little hearts out at Jack's.

^^Tall Paul checking out Sarah's new tattoo at the pub^^ 

^^Josh, stylin' (per usual) in Beth's glasses^^ 

Sunday I met Sarah at the local juice truck (genius, they need one of those in Seattle too!), before we headed to North West 23rd Street in Portland for some shopping at Sloan. After I procured some new booties, a dress and a coat I headed back to Seattle. There was crazy traffic and it ended up taking 2 hours longer than expected to get back, making me an hour and a half late for dinner at Katie's with her dad (the latest I've ever been to anything, ever). Luckily she saved me a plate and I was early for dessert.

Even though I feel like I've been to Hood River a million times this summer, I'm still not over it. I want to go back ASAP. I foresee some amazing fall visits to my favorite place in the near future.

1 comment:

Andrew-L'autre said...

I love that first picture and the picture with the lake! Lovely blue.

The picture with Sarah's tattoo is funny. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...