Monday at work my office mate gifted me two tickets to the Grouplove concert that night at the Crocodile. I was stoked, immediately said yes and thanked her a million times before picking up my phone to text Beth and ask her if she wanted to come up from Hood River and go with me. She responded like three seconds later with "Hahaha omg I am so there. I am just getting out of bed, I need to get my shit together." and she got it together and drove herself up and met me at my apartment after I got off work.
I made us dinner (Caprese Salad, because tomatoes right now, I mean, swoon!, and stuffed Portobello mushrooms) and we waited for my new, big girl tv to be delivered, had a drink then headed to the concert. Beth's friend, Ashley, who I met when Beth and I went to the Gaslight Anthem concert a few months ago, was also there and we had so much fun dancing around to the high-energy, awesome live music and celebrating our new friend, Scott's, 21st birthday. Arguably my favorite part of the show, though, was when Grouplove danced onto the stage while A$AP Rocky blasted through the speakers (it was totally a Rebeka move and I loved it).
After the show Beth and I split and order of biscuits and gravy at the 5-Point Café before calling it a night.
The next day I was able to work from home while Beth worked on her resume and scoured the internet for a place to live (please don't move to Boise!!). We were even able to make it out to lunch at Poquitos on Capitol Hill and on the way hope stopped for a Top Pot doughnut and coffee.
After a little more work back at my apartment, we went to Greenwood where we sat outside at Naked City and enjoyed a beer before heading down the block to Gainsbourg for a French dinner.
Beth left this morning right before I left for work and after we killed some spiders from my doorway (ewe). I can't wait to see her again this weekend! It was definitely a lot of mid-week fun having her in Seattle!!
4 comments:
Concerts are amazingly fun, aren't they? :) I've only been to two so far (and both were in the last year and a half) but both were awesome.
Glad you and a friend had a great time!
Sounds like an awesome time~ And you are so lucky to be able to work from home sometimes!
Gives me hope for my legal future ;)
I am all kinds of jealous about your mid-week fun and you working from home and that you get to wear fun clothes to work.
You hit the jackpot of legal jobs and I am glad you're happy!
God, you and your awesome J.D. life. WHAT THE HELL. GET ME A JOB SO I CAN COME LIVE ON YOUR COUCH ALREADY.
Just kidding.
Sounds like so much fun. All of this sounds like fun. Also, you were rocking the hell out of those booties and jean shorts. #onlyinseattle #nicetoseeyounotwearingacanadiantuxedo
Post a Comment