Friday, November 22, 2013

Birthday Bangs

I woke up on Friday morning after our GRand Adventure and decided that I wanted big, blunt bangs again. I mean, is there really any better way to ring in my 27th year of life than with blunt bangs? I don't think so. So, what did I do? I booked an appointment with my favorite Kalyn in Hood River and drove down to Oregon that day with Gaby right behind me in her pink nugget. That 4 hour drive felt like nothing after driving all the way across the country a few days before. I swooped up Beth's sister, Emily on my way through Portland, landed in Hood River and chopped my hair.

 ^^Emily and I in Hood River after I chopped my bangs^^
 
After my hair appointment I went and got a manicure (hair did, nails did, everything did), patiently waited for Beth to get into town from Boise and discovered that I had separation anxiety after being with Gaby for so many days in a row (I was having issues functioning alone). When Beth got into town we met at Henni's to share small plates and have drinks. We were joined by Gaby and Marissa part way through dinner before calling it an early night.

^^Only at my parents' house do people wake up to such a sight^^

Saturday was the most wonderful day. I had breakfast with Beth, shopped for baby gifts, relaxed and spent time with a lot of good people, sat at Ground and drank a cider, and then had an early birthday celebration.

^^The best breakfast sandwich on a homemade English muffin at River Daze Café^^ 

^^Dylan and Beth at Ground^^
 
^^Ryan and Beth at Ground^^
 
^^Dylan is a brat^^
 
Some of my favorite people joined me at Double Mountain for dinner, showered me with love and presents, and ate pizza and drank beer with me in celebration of my 27th year of life. After dinner we went to Cebu to watch our friends play some music and then made our way to the Trillium after discovering that both the Red Carpet and Jack's (my favorite dive bars) were both closed (BOO!).
 
^^Birthday present at dinner^^

^^Dylan and Mo^^

^^Dylan, Gaby and Mo - I love these three #ground4lyfe!^^
 
Mo gifted me a pint of fireball for my birthday so we definitely all shared that outside the bars like we were teenagers and it was so fun and definitely led to a nasty hangover Sunday (side note: fireball pulls, beers and jello shots DO NOT mix), but it was so much fun and it was all in the name of my birthday, so YAY! #birthdayprincess

 ^^Mo and I outside Cebu with our fireball, sneaky sneaky^^

Sunday Beth, Emily, her boyfriend, Gaby and I had breakfast at Bette's before saying goodbye and heading our separate ways (slash leaving Gaby safely in White Salmon - GRand Adventure END). Have I mentioned lately that I love it there? Guys, I love it there.



3 comments:

Andrew-L'autre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew-L'autre said...

I'm delighted that you got to celebrate in such an awesome manner, being with friends and visiting some pretty places. :)

Since you mentioned changing your hairstyle, I want to say that I like it; I think it looks great. :) (Not that my approval is necessary, of course!)

rebecca said...

ah! they look fantastic! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...