Christmas this year was a good one. A few weeks ago Dustin and I went to get a tree from the tree stand a few blocks from his apartment. I picked it out, he carried home, we went our for Chinese food then we came home and decorated it together.
This last weekend I went home to White Salmon and dropped off Christmas presents for my family and friends. I also crafted an ugly Christmas sweater (at Sarah's craft night) complete with a cat and the words "Meowy Christmas" which won me second place at the Brian's Basement Bar party. Sarah and I ate way too much delicious food at Solstice, on the night of the winter solstice, where there were belly and fire dancers to entertain us during dinner, and where Sarah and I realized we are professional belly dancers (no training required). I was able to spend time with friends, bond with my dad, eat lots of good food with friends, and take Gaby to Jack's for the first time ever during my weekend at home. Success!
I came back to Seattle and worked Monday. I had lunch with Katie and Josh on Christmas Eve, ran some last minute errands then went to Dustin's to start our Christmas festivities. We went out to dinner at a French restaurant (it's hard to find restaurants open Christmas Eve) then came home, drank hot buttered rum and watched Home Alone.
Christmas morning we opened presents and ate cinnamon rolls. We spent the rest of the day in our PJs, playing with our Christmas gifts (my new Kindle Fire kept me entertained/distracted all day - thanks Dustin), watching Christmas movies and for dinner we ate crab mac and cheese. It was a super relaxing, merry Christmas.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well.
XO
2 comments:
The important thing about Christmas is to have a good time with people you care about. It sounds as though you did exactly that. :)
Merry Christmas!
Ahhhhhh. Your best friends hats!!!! Too cute, you guys.
Your Christmas sounds pretty perf. Crab mac and cheese? Delish. I want to be a part of all that. Will you and Dustin adopt me please? We can eat food and awkward dance to Ellie Goulding and go to coffee shops together.
Post a Comment