Last week I was sick which was a total bummer. I struggled through work for a few days because of meetings and guilt from being gone in South America for two weeks, but finally I gave up and took some much needed sick time to rest, watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix and drink a ton of tea. Most of the people in my group at work have been sick the last two weeks, I guess it’s that time of the year. I would like that time to be over now. Also, January can be over too, while we’re at it #amiright?!
Anyway, last Friday breathing was at least bearable again and my energy levels were back up to a normal-ish level and I had a hair appointment scheduled for Saturday in Hood River, so I decided to drink some coffee head home for the weekend after checking to see that there was no traffic. I had only been back “home” once (Thanksgiving) since October and had Ecuador/Christmas prezzies for everyone I was anxious to get out of my tiny apartment. Double plus, Fluffy snuggles cure all things.
When I got into town on Friday I stopped by Beth’s house to see her puppy and chat for a little bit. I then went to my parents’ to spoon with my Fluffy cat like an adult and take a little nap (driving 4 hours is hard work, obvi). Eventually I got up and after visiting with my dad for a bit, headed down to hill to have dinner with Josh and Sarah at Everybody’s Brewing. Sarah and I split the pulled prok nachos which are never a bad idea (p.s. these). We then headed over to Hood River to meet a few friends before I called it a night.
^^Friendship: Gavin (who I’d never met before), Beth, Jessica and myself^^
Saturday I lounged around my parents’ house all morning, soaking up the wood heat with my fluffy cat and my family. I gifted them their Ecuador prezzies and they gave me a picture I’d been wanting foreverrr. It is a picture a local photographer took of one of the old barns on my parents’ property with Mt. Adams in the background. The picture is printed on metal and it’s so, so gorgeous.
^^THIS is my picture gift!! Photo by Darlisa Black^^
^^Fluffy, who is the only animal allowed in the house + his outdoor barn cat doppelganger, Lucky^^
After hanging at my parents’ all morning I realized I was kind of ravenous and I headed to Hood River to get myself a bagel and some green juice. When I was done eating I walked myself to Dog River for a cup of coffee and some reading and some chatting with Emily (Beth’s sister) and J Bunz who were working the counter.
I eventually walked down to meet Josh and Sarah and do a little shopping downtown before my haircut. Kalyn chopped like 6” of length off my hair (small part of waist –> armpit) plus gave me more bangs plus razor cut a million layers into my hair. It seems a v, v different to me, but so far almost no one has noticed so maybe it’s really not that different? Whatevs. At least now it won’t take 20 minutes to blow-dry, hopefully.
After my haircut I walked back to Josh and Sarah’s and we headed down to Camp 1805 Distillery to meet Tonya and have a happy hour drink (my choice: the White Manhattan) before dinner at Solstice, which was delicious and amazing per usual. My favorite place in the Gorge!!
After dinner Josh, Sarah and I went to the Pub to play a few rounds of Jenga (which our friends have written all over, over the years = amazing). We ran into a few other friends and it was a good, relatively low key night.
The next morning I slept in before meeting Gaby for a breakfast sandwich at River Daze and then coffee at Dog River. After we had got in all of our chatting about all of the things, I headed back to Seattle.
My heart felt so full and happy leaving. Even during a low-key weekend at home I still managed to spend time with so many people who make me so, so happy. I ate good food, I visited with my family, I snuggled with my cat and with Kiva and I left with white hairs allll over all of my black clothes (standard). I wouldn’t have it any other way.
2 comments:
Awww, Fluffy snugs are the best! I also love the doppleganger picture. I hope you're feeling better!
Pulled pork nachos sound terrific. Also, that picture taken from your parents' property is breathtaking. You're just fueling my fire to visit the Pacific Northwest...like yesterday.
Post a Comment