Part 2 is basically a recap of the time Gaby and I drank all of the beers in the Manhattan & Brooklyn with Faith and it was super fun. Get ready!
Friday afternoon Faith met me at our hotel for some AC (we literally sat on the AC vent in our room for a while trying to cool down) and eventually a cold beer from the lobby bar. A little while before I got back to the hotel, when I was on the Subway, an announcement came over the loudspeaker telling everyone there was a heat advisory issued for the city and that folks shouldn't go outside unless it was absolutely necessary. The heat and humidity were soooo real. My sweatiness level rivaled post-hot yoga drenched.
When Gaby got there (yay!) we hopped in an uber (during our drive Faith stole the driver's iPhone and put on some Drake and Beyoncé and also told our driver that she "fucks with ceviche" lolz. Good uber ride) and went to La Esquina for tacos, guacamole and frozen margaritas. We sat on the patio and there was literal sweat dripping down my body while we ate, but the tacos were worth it and the cold drinks helped.
^^Ubering through NYC, listening to the most inappropriate rap^^
^^Shrimp BLT tacos and a frozen margarita at El Esquina^^
After lunch we decided we were in the mood for another beverage and walked down to the beer bar where Faith works on Saturdays, Top Hops, for some ice cold air conditioning and ice cold beers. The perfect combo! It was super fun seeing where Faith works (in addition to CK) and trying some new-to-me local, NYC area beers.
^^Faith, me and Gaby at Top Hops in the Lower East Side^^
After a few rounds we were feeling a little buzzed and ready for our next move, so we hopped on the subway to Brooklyn.
^^Faith is thrilled & Gaby and I are kinda drunk lol^^
We met up with Faith's friend Rocco in Brooklyn and had some drinks at a bar in Williamsburg by the subway tracks. Eventually some more people joined us and we headed out to the back patio bar to enjoy the fact that it was cooling down (SO slightly, it was still hot AF). Also I stole Rocco's creeper glasses for a while and acted like a weird-o. My fav activity.
^^classy snapchat screenshot^^
^^Brookyln patio bar^^
We eventually headed to another bar in Williamsburg, Rocka Rolla, and another one of Faith's friends met up with us. We took selfies in the bathroom and I discovered they didn't have any Yuengling on tap (this was also the moment I remembered Yuengling existed and I wanted one so much after discovering it on my trip to Pennsylvania last summer and also discovering after that trip that they don't distribute it or sell it on the west coast). There were sooo many hipsters there.
^^Rocka Rolla bathroom selfie^^
Eventually Gaby and I started to lose steam so we hopped on the subway back to Manhattan. We ended up going the wrong way on one of the subway trains back to our hotel (noobs) and decided to get off at the 9/11 memorial and walk around for a bit, as it was one of the things Gaby wanted to do while we were in NYC. We must have looked lost because this nice old man started talking to us and took us on a tour of the new World Trade Center Mall. He was so nice and so informative! Thank you, nice man!!
^^World Trade Center Mall^^
^^Gaby and I on the subway platform right before getting on the train and witnessing some subway performers dance through the car^^
We parted ways with the old man, got on the subway headed toward our hotel (yay) and ended up back at the Ace Hotel starving. We tried to go to the oyster bar in the bottom of our hotel for oyster shooters and anything else we could put in our mouths, but it wasn't serving anymore, so we retreated back up to our room. I hopped onto Yelp and found a place a few blocks away that served Cheesesteaks and Yuengling and I was SO sold. I forced Gaby to walk a few blocks with me to the restaurant and we enjoyed Cheeseteaks with Cheese Wiz and ice cold Yuengling. My heart was so happy (not literally, of course, red meat, bread and cheese wiz = heart attack).
^^I should go into food photography. So good at it. Doesn't this look appealing? Despite the shitty pic, it was ahhh-mazing^^
Eventually we made it back to our hotel and collapsed into our super comfy, king size bed until the next morning.
^^Ace Hotel Lobby Bar late night mirror selfie^^











3 comments:
THOSE TACOS. They look so good! I love these pictures, including the seedy bathroom one and the shitty food photography one. I have never had a cheesesteak sandwich, but it sounds good? I didn't realize you didn't have Yuengling out west! They only introduced it to Ohio a few years ago though, so I guess I'm not too surprised. Oyster shooters sound disgusting though. Where is your NYC pizza!?
Those BLT shrimp tacos look delicious and the World Trade Center Mall looks pretty cool; I had no idea either existed.
(Re-added to fix a spelling error.)
Post a Comment