Wednesday, July 6, 2011

best weekend

I seriously had the best weekend. 
Yesterday after all the 4th of July madness Dustin and I woke up camping. Really, surprisingly early. I blame the uncomfortable air matress. And the early sunlight. But it was all good. Dustin made us camping breakfast and coffee and we walked down to the river for a while and had quite a hard time trying to take a shower at the camp site showers. After we were all ready to go, we drove into Hood River and I got a sandwich at New York City Sub Shop (because I’m hungry ALL THE TIME) and then we headed toward Mosier.
Once we were in Mosier, Dustin took me to “the Pocket” where he used to go swimming at all the time when he was younger. I had heard of it but had never been there:
Tour guide Dustin:DSCN0623
Me getting ready to stick my feet in (the water was freezing):DSCN0625
It was really cool seeing the places he used to hang out when he was a kid. I wish I knew kid Dustin. Seeing his old hang outs made me heart his face even more than I already did :)
After the pocket we went up to the Mosier Tunnels trail head. We parked and Dustin showed me the Indian gravel pits:
 DSCN0627 DSCN0628
After that we set off on our “hike” through the Mosier tunnels. The trail you take goes from Mosier to Hood River and used to be the old Highway before they built 84. I had never been up there before. There were a TON of bikers biking the trail.
Dustin’s “shhh” face at the beginning of the tunnels (that are built through the side of huge cliffs in the Gorge):DSCN0643
me standing in front of some wild flowers on the way up to the tunnels:DSCN0630
On the way up we took a pit stop/photo opp. It was REALLY hot out so a little break and some water was totally necessary at that point. But it was pretty cool inside the tunnels, so that also provided a nice break from the sun/heat! Here are some of the photos:
HOME! White salmon is down there on the right, on the upper part of the hill and you can’t see, but Hood River is on the left. Oh and Bingen is below White Salmon and is the part that looks like it’s sticking out into the water a little:DSCN0632
Dustin and I at the view point:
DSCN0634
looking the other way (toward the Dalles). It’s crazy to me how scarce the trees start getting so quickly when you leave White Salmon heading east:
DSCN0635
a more close up picture of White Salmon and Bingen and Underwood:
DSCN0638
Dustin enjoying the view <3
DSCN0640
After we hiked through the tunnels we headed back down the hill to the car. We were super hot and our feet were starting to hurt from our decision to walk in flip flops. We decided that since neither of us had ever been on a tour of Full Sail Brewery that should be our next stop.
It wasn’t the most exciting thing ever, but it was pretty cool and we got free full said pint glasses at the end. Here is a sunny Dustin on the tour, overlooking some of the finished products:
DSCN0649
After the tour we decided to go to Double Mountain Brewery & Tap Room for some pizza and beers (since the tap room at Full Sail was sooo full, and don’t tell but we kind of love Double Mountain beer more, plus you can really only get it in Hood River). Dustin’s mom works at DaKine right next door so when she was getting off work Dustin surprised her at her car and she joined us for a beer. I had never met her before and felt a little sad that the first time I was in a swim suit and dress, all sweaty/mostly makeupless/wearing a messy bun. Oh well!
Next we went to Dustin’s parent’s house and I met his dad and re-met his sister (who I had briefly met before we started dating). It was good. We hung out there for a little while before heading back to the camp sight for about an hour. At that time it was time for Dustin to take me to my car so I could rush to my parents’, grab all my stuff, and drive back to Pendleton. It was really late when I left and the drive was miserable. I was SO bummed to be leaving. I finally made it to the trailer around midnight, brought my stuff inside and immediately went to sleep.
Part of the reason I left so late was because I knew I couldn’t leave this morning because it’s about a 2.5 hour drive from White Salmon to Pendleton and I had a client meeting scheduled for 8am. However, my client was a no-show. I was so so frustrated after he no-showed knowing that I could have spent another night at home with Dustin on his vacation instead of in the trailer park. Had he been here it would have been no big deal to me. I like my work when I actually have some to do. Boo. I am super upset with my client because this is his third no show. And now I’m here with nothing to do. That’s mostly because I haven’t had a client in two weeks. I do, however, have another meeting scheduled for later today and hopefully she shows up!
Anyway, I need to stop talking about work now because it’s bumming me out. I’m going to go look at all the pictures from this weekend again. This weekend was seriously the best!!! Love love! I got: a little Seattle time with the roommies, first time ever at Ho Ho’s, Hood River friend time, show at Everybody’s, Jack’s dance party, Double Mountain more than once, Ground, Sunshine, Dustin surprising me in Hood River, Brunch Party, TREW party, Dustin time, Camping, Fluffy, I went on a boat with my cousins and brother at Lake Billie Chinook, Mosier Tunnels, the pocket, brewery tour, Golden Rose, NYC Sub Shop, I met Dustin’s family, and did I mention a ton of Friend and Dustin time (those were my favorite parts)? It was seriously one of the BEST (very long) weekends. And also I can’t wait for Dustin to come see my trailer park tomorrow, EEK! I’m excited!! So bye for now, friends!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Glad you had a fun wknd! Your pictures are so pretty! I esp love the waterfall one

Emily said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. The scenery and your pictures--beautiful :D

AJ said...

nice post!!


Apurva
http://ajstates.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...