Oh my here are a bunch of pictures and things Dustin and I did this weekend (because we basically just did everything together and I liked it).
Friday for lunch we went to Hal’s Hamburgers here in Pendleton. It is this old school drive through/in place that looks kind of ghetto but was pretty alright. The tots were perf. And we saw some guys doing the “Hal no challenge.” Man vs Food needs to come to Pendleton. Serious.
Then we went on the river walk (attempt two). We saw a bird (I think it was a blue herring) fishing in the river. It was cool.
Then we went to Hamley’s and looked at the Western stuff (per my dad’s request). I really liked all the saddles. It made me miss my horse, Barney.
Then we went to the Pendleton Wollen Mills, which has been on my list of things to do since before I moved here. I thought it was really cool. I want a blanket. I wish they weren’t so expensive!! Some day.
After that we took a nap at my trailer then we caravanned toward Portland. The first pit stop was in Arlington at the waterfront. We saw some really friendly ducks.
The next stop was at the Stonehenge replica/war memorial out by Maryhill Museum. The view up there is ah-mazing! We also walked down the bluff a little and saw Sam Hill’s grave. He was the guy who built the museum. Pretty cool.
Also: fun fact: one time I saw the real Stonehenge illegally. But that’s a story for another day.
After that we went to Hood River and stopped by Beth’s house to say hi. Then Dustin took me to dinner at Celilo and it was amazing. I felt spoiled. Unfortunately I didn’t get a pic of dinz (didn’t want to ruin the romance in the dark-ish restaurant with a bright camera flash).
Then we drove some more. We finally got to Portland around midnight. We set up an air mattress at Pickle’s house and went to bed. The reason we were there, though, was to get BattleCat and take him back to Dustin’s apartment in Seattle.
The next day Dustin woke up early and cleaned our cars. It was really nice of him. I totally helped by getting starbucks breakfast and kind of wiping the inside of my car. Ha.
Saturday afternoon we drove back to Seattle. Battle Cat didn’t like the drive and totally peed on himself in Dustin’s car (that made me really glad I was driving solo). So when we got back to Dustin’s apartment, Dustin gave Battle Cat a bath. Presh moments, right? ha.
Sunday was pretty chill. We slept in and I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast and Dustin went out and got me allergy medicine when I was having a major allergy attack (thanks). Then we went to Nordstrom and got Dustin’s new Seven’s hemmed and I wasn’t wearing makeup. Then we came home and made sushi (a first for me). And I made margaritas (not even close to a first).
Then we watched “Hall Pass” and laughed and cuddled and had more margaritas and then we went to bed and it was a good, wonderful weekend.
Today I came back to the Rez and I’m excited for my mom and our friend Karen to come visit me tomorrow! Pictures/post to come!
Goodnight, lovelies!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! I'm happy you got lots of couple time together, and it sounds like you were out and about and having a good time. :) I had a good laugh at that bath photo - poor kitten! My cats would scratch me to death if I tried to get them into a tub!
Post a Comment