It’s Thanksgiving day and I made the drive down from Seattle to my parents’ house this morning. We always have a quick dinner, everyone stuffs their faces for about 20 minutes and the rest of the day is spent watching tv and trying to cool down (my mom likes to make sure the wood fire is always roaring).
I figured all this down time is the perfect excuse to drink some red wine, snuggle with Fluffy and blog. Historically Thanksgiving for me has been spent not drinking wine, snuggling with (read: sobbing into) the cat and outlining for finals. Life after law school is so good!! Hooray!
Anyway, here I go: Last weekend I also made the trip back to White Salmon for my Tot cousin’s FIRST birthday party. His birthday is the day after mine, and we are basically twins (even down to our matching shin, dragon-shaped birthmarks). I love that kid!
We all got matching shirts for his birthday (with his cute little face screen printed on them), we ate cake, opened presents, and I obviously stayed hours after the party was over because I don’t get to see Chip and Katie NEARLY as much as I’d like anymore.
The night before the party I was able to sneak in some time with my Hood River friends. It was our friend Nate’s going away party last Friday and I made it out to the end of the party (after my SEVEN HOUR drive from Seattle… #neveragain). It’s always so fun to see these kids:
I’m hoping I’ll get to see everyone again while I’m here for the holiday.
Also, fun fact, today and tomorrow are my first EVER paid days off! Did I already mention that I LOVE life after law school? Because I do! I think this whole no-law-school-thing is one of the things I am most thankful for today (on this day all about thankfulness and shoving all the food in your face).
And now, it’s time to go get a refill on that wine…
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment