I've read that writing down the things that made you happy at the end of the day tends to make people happier and more grateful overall. I convinced a few of my friends to participate in the #100happydays challenge with me and because doing it together on a public platform will likely keep us more accountable and we'll have a greater chance at making a difference in our lives. I plan on participating via Twitter (and because my Instagram links to my Twitter that makes it extra perfect).
To get this #100happydays thing rolling here's something that is making me happy today: I recently bought a Groupon to Core Power Yoga here in Seattle. I've heard great things about them from my coworker who is also an instructor there, so when I saw the Groupon I decided to go for it. I went to my first class last night and I loved that it was a quick-paced, power vinyasa class in a heated (but not "hot") room, and it was set to fun music. While I'm a little sore from the class today, I'm thankful that my body is healthy and functioning and that I was able to find the time yesterday to practice some Yoga. Also, I'm feeling less back pain today, maybe as a result of my class last night, and that definitely makes me happy.
So tell me, will you guys participate in the 100 Happy Days Challenge?
If you do, please share the platform on which you plan to participate so I can follow your happiness!
4 comments:
I have heard of this challenge and I wouldn't mind participating, but at present I don't have happy things to photograph each day for 100 days! :(
I do have another friend and fellow blogger who has been doing this, though, and since the year began; would you mind if I shared this post with her?
I'm glad to hear that you're healthy and that your back pain has been easing. That's always good to read. :)
I wasn't aware it was also a site! I saw someone on Facebook posted their pictures in January and knew I had to do this. It has been helpful so far; it puts things into perspective. I'm trying to relocate and so far it's been frustrating, but this has helped.
I'll follow you. :) I'm: http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/
OMG I am so glad that you wrote about this. I had seen so many people hashtagging it and didn't realize it was an actual challenge! I am so doing it.
What a fun idea!!! Maybe I'll give it a shot!
Post a Comment