Friday, February 7, 2014

Las Vegas 01/14

A few weekends ago I flew down to Las Vegas for a long weekend. I left an extra rainy Seattle Thursday after work and I met Gaby and her friend Dan in Sin City where we were stayed in the really beautiful Palazzo Hotel.


 
 Friday, upon my arrival to the hotel, Gaby and Dan met me in the lobby with a cocktail (like good friends do). We then headed to the room, changed (into my sparkle shorts), and went to Tao for some dancing to Juicy J (who was the guest DJ that night) which didn't happen because Tao is the most crowded nightclub ever. EVER. Don't ever go there and think there will be room to dance, or you know, get out in case there is a fire because there will be none of that! Dan called it an early night because he had to attend the last day of the consumer electronics tradeshow Friday morning, at which time Gaby and I went across the street to a way less crowded country bar named Gilly's where we sat on saddles at the bar.



Saturday morning Gaby and I woke up, grabbed some coffee and a "treat" from the Coffee Bean (I love) for breakfast which we ate in our hotel room while admiring the view. We spent the rest of the day while Dan was at work shopping (Zara and Top Shop), eating guacamole and drinking margaritas outside (in January!!!), and playing roulette at Circus Circus.

 

When Dan got off work we met him for dinner at Mario Batali's restaurant, Otto. We shared appetizers, had drinks and dessert and I had carbonara pizza. The whole meal was really delicious. We walked around for a little bit after dinner, Snapchatted all the snaps, then called it a night.



Saturday consisted of us sleeping in, room service breakfast, me betting on my first ever sports game (Seahawks won but did not beat the spread, therefore I lost, BOO), walking up the strip, getting novelty sized slushy drinks, and taking a taxi through in-n-out burger then back to our hotel to watch the Seahawks game. We ate pizza that night at New York New York before going to see the Circ de Sole show Zumanity, and then we walked all the way back back to the Palazzo where Gaby and I ate room service before going to sleep.


 

And Sunday, we said goodbye to the sunshine and each other, got on our planes and left Las Vegas. The trip wasn't too crazy, but we definitely had a fun time. It was nice to get out of the Seattle rain for a few days, even though it wasn't pool season (being there during off season was a first for me). Until next time, Las Vegas! XO

1 comment:

Andrew-L'autre said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I somewhat amazed by the size of those slushy drinks! At first I wondered why you were holding a milk jug. :P

I've never been to Las Vegas before; in fact, Western Nevada is the furthest east I've been in the US to date.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...