Monday, February 10, 2014

Snowy Seattle Weekend


It's been almost two winters since I last saw snow in Seattle. Last winter was totally lacking and the one snowy morning we had earlier this year I was in snowless Hood River for the weekend. Meanwhile, the past few days all my friends in the Gorge and in Portland have been Instagramming and Snapchatting and Facebooking all about the tons of snow they have and their awesome snow days, etc. etc. While I don't love the snow, I have to say it made me a little bit jealous. I must have had some snow FOMO or something.

Saturday night I met Brittan for dinner in our neighborhood at the Latona Pub. While we were finishing our dinner it started snowing big, fluffy flakes that were immediately sticking to the ground. We decided to grab another beer (pitcher) at our favorite local bar, Teddy's, to celebrate. We Snapchatted snowy, tipsy snaps and watched muted Olympic Ice Skating while Prince played in the background, and convinced our friend Natalie and her friend Boyd to join us for a drink too.

The next morning I woke up and immediately, before the hangover set in, jumped out of bed and looked out the window to make sure it was still snowy. It was. So I put on my UGGs (cute, I know), grabbed a coffee and then headed to the lake which was the most beautiful thing. I forgot about the sound that snow makes when you walk on it. And how quite everything is after it snows. It was a really great morning. Now it's in the upper 30s and pouring rain. So much for snow. It was fun while it lasted, though.

5 comments:

Andrew-L'autre said...

Beautiful picture. :) Some peaceful snow would be welcome here; many areas in the south of England have flooded from all the heavy rainfall.

Musings of a Creative Writer said...

Beautiful picture. :) I noticed you have a UK address for your blog. Did you relocate to the Seattle area from the UK?

Rebeka said...

Jessica, no, I've always lived in the Northwest (part of the U.S.). My blog URL is rebekaann.blogspot.com - is that a UK address? I had no idea!!

Musings of a Creative Writer said...

Ah, I think when Andrew sent me your blog, since he's from the UK... it showed up as a UK address for him. Sorry, lol. I'm looking to relocate and I'm always looking for people who have... just for some advice.

Rebeka said...

Ah gotcha! Where are you locating to & from? So exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...