My work has this “Know Your Numbers” initiative going on right now. You can go in, get a flu shot and a health screen for free, they’ll donate 50 vaccines to people in need and you get $50 or a Fitbit. It’s pretty rad. I’d never had my cholesterol or body fat measured, so I figured I’d give it a go, plus I’m pro vaccine and I needed my flu shot, sooo win/win. I made the mistake of doing this screen last week, right before I went to Las Vegas. The perfectionist in me wants to get my “numbers” down even further so I can be healthy and hopefully avoid issues later in life. The rest of me wanted to have SO MUCH FUN in Las Vegas (which I did) and probably if I got tested today my numbers wouldn’t be great after how I treated my body this weekend.
So, let me tell you about some of the terrible things I did to my body this weekend to make you feel better about your life (hah) and remind myself that sometimes you just gotta live and hopefully the 80/20 rule is good enough:
- Ate two buffet dinners, both including sushi and dessert, one including about 3 too many margaritas;
- Drank vodka redbulls all night while playing roulette, woke up after 3 hours of sleep to a racing heart;
- As we were boarding the flight back to PDX, Jered was standing behind me and announced “it smells like Chinese Food” to which I responded, “that’s because I have eggrolls in my purse.” Chinese chicken for breakfast at the airport, check! purse eggrolls for snack, check!;
- Got a lot of sun (sunscreened, but still) and drank a lot of drinks at the pool on Sunday; and
- Only slept a total of 11 hours from Friday morning – Monday night.
At least it was fun! My body hates me. Time to get back on schedule (a normal sleep schedule, exercise schedule and work schedule etc.), cut back on the alcohol and get my numbers down.
Please tell me, what do you do to keep yourself healthy?
2 comments:
You have to have weekends like that every once in a while or you'll never be able to sustain healthy habits. At least that's what I tell myself...and the egg rolls in your purse? Genius.
Ugh, I don't do enough to keep myself healthy. (As evidenced by the 15 pounds I gained in law school, and then at least 10 for each bar exam). BUT, I will say that I'm working on righting my wrongs and getting back to a healthier weight. Less snacking, cutting out my cokes, and watching what I eat. Also: cycling!!! I loves it.
You have to get out and have fun though. A life of constant moderation would be so boring. Everyone needs a little craycray every now and then. :)
BLOG ABOUT VEGAS, NOW.
(But, also: good for you for getting checked out and healthy. you go, girl!)
Post a Comment