I spent last weekend in Seattle for the first time in like, a MILLION YEARS (over exaggeration much? only a little? ok). It was really great to finally spend a weekend here. Friday night I Zumba-ed then hung out with Dustin. Saturday I woke up early to make him breakfast and see him off to Eugene, OR. I went for a walk around Green Lake with Natalie, scrubbed my apartment for many hours, made cookies, and went to see a movie (This is where I Leave You which was actually hilarious and down to earth) + drinks + dinner at Skillet Diner with Josh and Katie before passing out at 10pm.
Sunday was deemed Sunday Funday and I spent the day drinking beer in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood and girl talking and eating two dinners with Brittan, Natalie and Meli. Our first stop was at Reuben’s Brews which was a total mix up because Meli is gluten free and can’t drink beer and Reuben’s Brews didn’t have any beer or wine so I ended up having most of my delicious pumpkin beer alone (because I showed up first and ordered w/o checking my phone) and then Natalie met me and we went to the next place together. But it was really nice outside and I had a beer in my hand so it worked out fine.
^^ Pumpkin beer at Reuben’s Brews^^
Our next stop was Hilliard’s Brewery. After going inside and asking the bartender if they had anything other than beer on the menu, we were informed that it is actually illegal (??) in Washington to sell any alcoholic drink other than beer at a brewery. Even cider is a no-go! So we ordered a round of beers because they had a nice outdoor seating area and it was actually nice in Seattle in October (WHAT?!) and we got Meli a coffee which she spiked with her purse flask (haha we lose at being adults). We sat outside and chatted about all the girl things before making our next move. P.S. if you don’t have friends who online date and tell you about their dating stories, get some ASAP, it’s magical!
^^Meli, Brittan and Natalie at Hilliard’s^^
We headed to King’s Hardware after that for some food which was actually really delicious. Or maybe we were just that hungry?
Our next stop was Percy’s where they have $13 bottles of happy hour champagne on Sundays which fueled SO MUCH GIRL TALK. I seriously got my fill on Sunday and it was the best.
We eventually decided that we were getting hungry again so we headed to The Gerald for dinner round 2. Lucky for us it was Seattle Restaurant Week, so we were able to split 2 delicious, 3-course tasting menus between the 4 of us, which meant two deserts to share which was really the best way to end the night.
From there we headed home, happy and full. On my way I stopped to get things for Dustin’s birthday cake (his birthday was Monday) and it wasn’t until after I got home, exhausted from my day of fun, that I realized I was missing one of my round cake pans and couldn’t make his cake. I decided to call it a wash and went to bed instead of baking a cake. I ended up grabbing some cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes on my way home from work Monday and it all worked out fine!
Hooray for weekends spent in Seattle. Speaking of, is it Friday yet? ;)
2 comments:
Alright, you sold me on Seattle. :) It sounds like so much fun! Though, it's about the same price as Philly for the most part. Maybe next year I'll look into a vacation there for a few days.
Ahhhhhh, looks like so much fun. Any boozy weekend is always going to be a good time (unless you're a drunk buzzkill and cry, which can happen). $13 champs sounds like the best plan.
I want to come to Seattle and booze hop with youuuuuu.
P.S. I know nobody who internet dates. In this small town, I think mostly older/divorced people do that? Probably in the city it's better pickings. :)
Post a Comment