^^Blurry birthday bar pic + dance moves^^
Well, I’m 28 now. I’m officially in my late 20s. That happened.
Last Friday was my birthday. Friday birthdays are awesome. Dustin made me a breakfast sandwich and had it waiting for me when I woke up, my boss Trisha and my coworker Becky took me to coffee, Dustin gave me treats to take to the office, I got flowers and cards and more treats, I ate a quesadilla with guacamole for lunch and I got to leave work a little early for some acupuncture.
Dustin and I had birthday dinner at Delancy which I’d been dying to try. Of course there was a wait, so we went to the adjoining cocktail bar, Essex, for a drink and some duck fat potatoes which I wanted to eat a million of. For dinner we shared a delicious sausage pizza with the brightest, tastiest tomato sauce. It was good.
After dinner we met some friends at Ed’s Kort Hause, which is this really dive-y bar on Phinney Ridge that smells weird and has a jukebox serves exotic meat burgers and it’s kind of amazing. I could say so many things about the owner/bartender, Ed, who served me a birthday shot of his “finest tequila” which tasted and smelled exactly like Monarch. Ew. We had a good time there, though. We always do (ex: Dustin and I stopped there for a drink the night of our first date, we celebrated NYE 2012-13 there, Ed Jr. once bought us drinks, etc.).
I spent a good amount of Saturday nursing a hangover. Cheers to getting older. Cheers to 28 years!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a great birthday! :) Sounds like it was so much fun.
I agree with Jessica; I'm glad that you enjoyed your birthday. :)
Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Also, is there a better way to celebrate than a quesadilla with guacamole? I think not.
Post a Comment