I am getting v excited for Thanksgiving. I’m most excited: for the extra two [paid] days off work, to see friends, to snuggle my Fluffy cat, to see my family, to be in White Salmon & Hood River, and to eat my mom’s stuffing. So much goodness, I can’t wait!
This past weekend my friend Ambur hosted a Friendsgiving at her house. Before this weekend I had never been to a Friendsgiving (total loser status?). I volunteered to make pumpkin pies with bourbon whipped cream and bring some wine too. It was so lovely to share a delicious meal with good friends. I loved trying everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving dishes and hearing what everyone is thankful for. Most of the people at the Friendsgiving were fellow lawyers (we met in Law School), so a lot of what we were thankful for was similar. I am most thankful for a job I like, an apartment that I feel safe in, good people in my life and my Fluffy cat.
Ambur had a Thanksgiving tablecloth she procured from Target which you could color on. Natalie took it upon herself to write a satirical master list of all the things our friends are thankful for. I took a picture which is borderline NSFW but also borderline hilarious:
So, tell me, what are your Thanksgiving plans?
And am I a huge loser for never having been to Friendsgiving? Or is that normal?
And, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mine is stuffing, for sure. Pumpkin Pie comes in a close second, though.
5 comments:
Bourbon whipped cream?!?! That sound delicious. I actually do not like pumpkin pie (I know, I know), but I would lick off that whipped cream FO SHO. I also love dressing and mashed potatoes, mixed together and drizzled with gravy. OMG, STOP SELF. This is why I haz the fatz.
I have never been to a friendsgiving either, I don't think? OMG, AM I LAME TOO!!?? I kind of had a datethanksgiving with Alex this weekend, in which we ordered a pizza and said we were thankful for each other and watched the second Hunger Games movie. ahahahaha. I am lame.
That Thanksgiving list was awesome. I saw it on Insta and wanted it to be real.
Mmmm, bourbon whipped cream sounds so good! I might have to make it. :) It sounds like you have a great Thanksgiving planned. Enjoy!
Yes, Jessica! I just mixed whipping cream, some powdered sugar, and about 2 tablespoons of bourbon - although I think it could have used maybe 3T, with a hand mixer until peaks formed. Super easy and delicious!
Pumpkin pie tops my list, no doubt. Stuffing comes in at a close second, followed by sweet potato everything. It's embarrassing that I felt the need to mention THREE food items. Oh well. Also, Friendsgiving is glorious, but I haven't been to one since college. Sad. We used to host one every year and now I have no friends in my city. Ugh. Enjoy your break!
Is Friendsgiving a Thanksgiving celebration hosted by friends rather than family? If so, I have been to one of them before, although it's been a long time.
A little late but happy Thanksgiving to you, Rebeka! :)
Post a Comment