Monday, August 18, 2008

personal statement

I should really be studying for the LSAT right now. I guess I should always be studying for the LSAT, it's really important apparently. And, I have a study session in like 45 minutes, but Erin and I just got back from one of our many many Sister dates - we went to blue c for sushi - we always want the same things at the same time. When we got back I got on the internet, and if you're reading this then I know you know that its a neverendingdownwardspiral.

I find myself longing for simpler things and the summers of childhood:

homegrown/homecooked foods

kittens <3
my mom's flowers
nature

History / memories
I've climbed on this shed, skinned/hung deer in here, got spanked in here, played basketball on the side, found kittens in here... and I'm sure my dad has similar childhood memories in /on/around this same shed since he has lived next door his whole life...
and being able to be away from "it all" completely and totally. I miss being able to go outside and not hear anything but the birds and the wind. I miss being able to see ALL of the stars at night, vividly. I miss trying to drag people outside to be with/watch the stars with me. I miss those people/that person.

My new life is pretty great too though. Just a lot different. I wonder if things will ever go back to that previous state? I guess probably not. The fact that all of my friends, friends of my friends, exes and friend's exes are having babies is probably a sign that our childhoods are over and its time to create something amazing for the ones we love.

(too bad my personal statement can't just be a compilation of pictures, memories and feelings!)

On the bright side though, I'm very very very excite for Crystal to have her baby girl. I can't wait to finally meet her and finally learn her name. Abbey is going to be an amazing big sister and I KNOW Crystal is going to be so happy to get that baby out of her tummy (any moment now!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...