Saturday, August 21, 2010
first night back
I'm back in Seattle now. School starts the day after tomorrow, NOT stoked. I bought two of my books today, bye bye $300. BOO. Yesterday Seattle greeted me with a traffic jam. I ended up going to Capitol Hill to meet Leslie last night. We went to Barca where we made friends with a table of guys. They seemed nice. After buying us a few drinks "Barry" zoomed in on me. We initially thought he was gay. He told me he was 52 years old, and then later amended his age to 38. Right. He was telling me that he is a. attractive, b. the owner of a house that I should come back to because it has both a jukebox and a waterfall in the backyard and c. the singer of a band that sounds like Nickleback. He then tried to convince me to go home with him, telling me that he wasn't going to sleep with me but he was definitely going to make out with me. I vommed into my own mouth a little then quickly sent an SOS text to Leslie who was outside. Barry then told me that the alleged 15 (I think more) year age gap between us was no big deal, because he was so attractive and cool. I quickly excused myself to go outside to find Leslie who was chatting with Barry's younger, more normal friend. Barry eventually got tired of me telling him he was having "crazy girl moments" after he repeatedly referenced our future marriage etc. and his friends dragged him away (he was very grumpy at this point). Moral of the story: you can go to a bar in Seattle and not know anyone in it, meet some crazies, and end your night eating a hotdog from a street vendor with your lovely law school friend. So different from my Hood River summer. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment