I'm writing this from my bed in my new house. yay.
yesterday was moving day. I was sad to say goodbye to my downtown apartment. Moving is hard for me, not so much physically (even though getting everything I own down from a 7th floor apartment was difficult ha, totally sore today!) but it's the mental move from one location to another that gets me. It's hard for me to say goodbye to those memories and its weird saying goodbye knowing that I'll never live there again.
Yesterday when I was driving away from the apartment with my last load of things I started thinking of the day I found that apartment; Brian and I had come up to Seattle to go on an apartment hunt. We hunted for a day and a half. I was exhausted. The apartment I ended up in was the first apartment we looked at, we really had no idea what we were doing. We looked at some ghetto apartments, walked around, ate McDs Frenchfries, and sushi, took a break at gasworks park, went to Earl's, escaped to a hotel so we wouldn't have to drink anymore haha. It was a totally mentally/physically exhausting day. I am glad he was there with me for that. And even though everything didn't work out the way I had hoped it would, I still changed a lot and became more aware of who I am and what I want while I was living in my apartment. That has faded into a memory and I guess it's time to make some new memories in my new home (which is SO nice P.S.).
I'm living here with Kylee and Erin (who I lived with in the sorority and Erin and I go to law school together). It's ideal. SISTER ROOMMIES FOREVER.
I have nothing to do today, really. I think Katie is going to come over later (hooray) and Erin and I were talking before she went to work about maybe christening the house tonight with a few friends and a few adult beverages. I'm excited. I might walk up to Zoka after I shower and get some coffee too. I hope the clouds burn off so that I can enjoy some sunshine on my days off!
Anyway, time to shower and do good things with my life!
xxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment