Friday, August 13, 2010

SUP

Today Greg took me Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUPing). It was a really nice day and I was stoked - I had been once before but had absolutely no instruction. We went out everything was going alright. I say alright because I kind of sucked but it wasn't that bad, UNTIL we got into the middle of the river and the wind started to pick up. I couldn't steer/keep my board straight and I was floating down the river. It was awful, especially since I can't swim. I was for sure I was going to end up at the dam and die or something. Needless to say Greg saved the day and paddled me back in. I was in fear blackout for most of the experience and then when I was walking my board back in once it got shallow (about 1/3 of the river there was shallow) I got judged by some kayakers. FML moment FOR SURE. I then laid on the grass at the event site while Greg took the board out with a sail on.
After that we went to Double Mt. for super delish Pizza and Beer (lovelove) and we ran into Greg's "friend" who told us about fairies and magic and the "castle" he is building. I kind of went into blackout mode during that too - blackout here = zone out mode haha.
So far my last day off this summer has been weird. Didn't find anything I loved at the Plenty sale, SUP fail, weird man while we were enjoying our lunch/din... but now I'm going to meet some lovelies at Waucoma club to see Joey play some music, then we're party time around Hood River. I'm stoked. Stopping on my way to get a sugar free redbull, then it's goooo time! haha.
Last weekend in Hood River: GO! Put your party pants on, friends!
xxoo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...