I just had an epiphany, and it might sound a little silly once you hear it, but I’m going to tell you anyway: one week from tomorrow, I’ll be done with class… forever! (I guess I’ll still have bar prep for a few months this summer but I don’t think that counts as school class, you know?)
It’s weird to think about. I have been in school since I was 4 years old. I’m 25 now. 21 years of my life I have been in school, full time. It’s all I’ve ever done. And in a week (+2 weeks of finals) I’ll be done with school, forever. I’ll be receiving a doctorate on May 12th! It’s crazy. How did this happen so fast? In just a few weeks I’ll be: Rebeka Osborne, J.D. – that’s what’s up.
I don’t know why this is just all hitting me now. Probably because I have the 3L-itis, bad. I am lacking the motivation to get me through the end, and I need something, anything to look forward to. I guess the end is that thing.
So, hopefully, the nostalgic value of the fact that I only have 5 more days of class after today will keep me going. Right?
I’m so excited for myself.
I don’t know if you’re supposed to say things like that on the internet, or if that makes me sound like a d-bag, but it’s true. I’m excited.
Bring on the lady suits!
5 comments:
Nope, you don't sound silly or boasting at all: this is a major occasion, and you are perfectly entitled to be pleased about it and tell others! :)
Congratulations, Rebeka!
In no way does this make you sound like a d-bag, it makes you sound awesome!
Congrats on this milestone!!
Friend, you are allowed to be as stoked as you want! And of course you can gab to me about it all you want :) Love you so much, excited celebrate this MOMENTOUS occasion with you!!
Doesn't make you sound like a dbag, just awesome. And I'm pretty jealous! Can't wait to be done with school and start working!
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!
Enjoy it!
Post a Comment