Monday, July 9, 2012

weekend study breaks

I am having a really hard time focusing on studying today, so a blog post it is!

This weekend though, was good. I snuck in a few breaks here and there for some fun with Dustin.

Friday I had possibly the most frustrating Doctor’s appointment ever (for some follow up from that time last week when 1/2 of my body from my neck down went numb and I had to go to the ER in the night = so terrifying). I saw someone new. She didn’t listen. She prescribed me a bunch of medicine I won’t take because anti-inflammatories and my stomach don’t mix. But, she referred me to a spine specialist. Dustin told me that the referral was good and really what I needed. He’s always my voice of reason. So I’m trying to look at the positive side, instead of crying, because I definitely teared up from frustration in the examination room. I’m trying to look on the bright side more lately instead of being so negative all the time. I don’t even realize I’m doing it most of the time. Good thing I have Dustin to help me out with that one… But really, I hope this whole thing gets fixed becuase I don’t want to be in pain every day anymore. I don’t want to go numb. I am so mad at the woman who rear ended me in October. (ok, done being negative!)

After my appointment, Dustin took me out to the Pig and Whistle, a restaurant by his house, to meet a few of his friends from college. All but two of the people we hung out with ended up being attorneys here in Seattle, so it was fun to chat with them and nice to have people around to empathize with me about this whole studying for the bar thing.

This is what I wore:

insta pink dress I am obsessed with this pink dress lately. So good.

On my feet I wore these, which I am also obsessing over: shoes
(warning for anyone who thinks that they might want to go to law school &/or take the bar) Bar prep can make you feel really gross. There is no time for things like looking cute most days (it’s hard to care about looking awesome when you’re so stressed about other things and when your skin is having a meltdown). I have been slacking in the beauty department lately. I’m actually kind of ashamed. For example: I usually go a few days between hair washes. I don’t think it’s good to wash your hair every day, and frankly it’s easier not to. But during bar prep I’ve found myself going longer and longer. Like a week. There, I said it. I am just glad that my hair is long enough to go into a top knot, because things are a little out of control lately. Top knots = my hair’s best friend lately. And the best solution I’ve found to getting dressed in the morning when you know you’re going to be sitting all day? Dresses. They’re the perfect outfit. They’re really easy, they’re really comfortable, AND you almost always look cute when you’re wearing a dress. So, moral of the story: dresses = the perfect bar prep clothing. Dress + topknot = uniform until July 27th. But probably after that too, let’s be honest…

Anyway, that got really off topic.

Saturday Dustin left me alone in his apartment for a good part of the day so I could study and he could run errands and deep clean his car. After our day apart, we decided to drive north to find a place to feed us a late dinner because it was so nice out. We ended up at a McMenamins in a strip mall in Mill Creek (what?!):

dustin at mill creek mcmenamins
Saturday I was thankful for Tots and Dustin! Hooray!

Yesterday, because I was feeling pretty good about Evidence (the topic of the day yesterday), I took part of the day off and Dustin and I headed east on i90 into the Cascade Mountains. We ended up at one of Dustin’s favorite places: Rattlesnake Lake.

rattlesnake creek

Minus the fact that there were about a million screaming kids and dogs (dogs = dog poo), it was really relaxing. And yesterday it was actually warm out. Like 80 degrees warm, which is HOT for us.

AND there were ducks in the lake. I LOVE DUCKS!! I waded out into the water and fed them chex mix because I’m a bad person (please don’t lecture me about not feeding them, I know).

ducks

It was a good weekend with my favorite person. I’m so thankful I got to sneak in a few really nice/much needed study breaks (which are probably adding to my short attention span today, I think I got a little out of routine yesterday, whatever, worth it).

P.S. at least I’m not studying for the bar in a trailer park :)



2 comments:

Andrew-L'autre said...

Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. :( I hope you're better now, and I'm glad Dustin was really supportive of you.

That pink dress fits you well; you look wonderful. :)

SummerBreeze said...

You're almost there and then you'll be free of the bar!!

And so sorry to hear that your neck is still hurting. Hopefully they'll figure out a solution soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...