Friday, September 26, 2008

overload

Last night was super relaxing (especially compared to the night before with my major freak out). After a repeat LSAT class/convo with Stephen (my teacher) about the test (next saturday) he suggested that I get a milkshake (since I'm so stressed out I've lost my appetite/have no energy/feel nauseous all the time etc etc). So, I picked up Joel and we went down to Kid Valley. They were closed. Everywhere was closed. We ended up at Haggen Daz on the Ave where I got a $6 chai milkshake that was GROSS. We then went to the asian fish place and got some onion rings that were all batter and no onion. Haha. After eating our gross meal in my car on the ave (classy, I know) we went back to "The Barn" (aka Joel's house) and watched the Office (which Joel had T-Vo-ed) on the boys' huge projector. Amazing.

Today I had to go to a new tutor training session for four hours. I learned about at risk athletes, got a tour of the athletic facilities, learned how to get paid, and learned about the union. It was pretty boring/not useful. I think that all of the really important stuff (the payroll stuff and the NCAA rules about tutoring and the online forms you have to fill out after every session) could have effectively been covered in about an hour. While it was nice that I got paid for all four hours, I hated my life a little during it. I also hated the 25 min walk back after (oh PS thanks sister Kylee for our starbucks date and then driving me down to the session this morning when it was cold and rainy, love u!). I did learn though, that since I am an employee of the UW I can get a faculty parking pass (haha sweet). Too bad it wouldn't be worth it just for my job! I guess the long walks will do me good!

Now tonight Joel and I are going to see Burn After Reading at Lincoln Squares with our free movie tickets, which we acquired after the last time we went to see a movie there--Pineapple Express--and the lights shut off with like 20 minutes left in the movie... I still don't know how that ended... Either way, I'm pretty stoked for tonight.

Tomorrow is the UW vs Stanford FB game, and the first college/UW football game I've been to since my freshman year (when I hated my life becuase everyone else was prefunking when I didn't drink and it made me feel terrible). Although I'm not prefunking this game (LSAT in a week.. alcohol makes me retarted) I might hit up a few tailgaits and get some snacks! So everyone deck themselves out in their purple and yellow and watch the game at 7pm (you can look for me on the TV)! It should be a good one considering our coach who sucks at coaching here used to be the coach at stanford where he had a ton of success... drama drama! Should be good! Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...