Sunday, April 3, 2011

Barristers' Ball

Well last night was Barristers' Ball (aka law school prom). And it was amazing. I got a massage yesterday for the pain from my car crash (so obnoxious) and my massage therapist warned me I might turn into a cheap date from that, but I totally didn't get too drunk, and I was so proud of myself (it's the little things, also that kind of makes me sound like an alcoholic, which I'm not, I promise).
After my massage I helped Dustin pick out something to wear and we ran some errands then I went home to et ready. After I got ready I picked up Dustin and brought him to my house where we prefunked, potluck style with about 25 friends, some drinks and some snacks/dinner. I made taquitos. They were frozen then I put them in the oven. I'm the classiest. But, as Dustin predicted, they were a huge hit (we're talking gone quick)! After the prefunk we took cabs to the Experience Music Project for PROM! There was a photo booth there, and free drinks and snacks, and all my beautiful friends. Oh, we also danced (duh) and looked at the exhibits, because the whole EMP was open to us, which was sweetttt! A little after midnight Dustin and I jumped in another cab and went to Prost on Phinney Ridge (apparently I like to go there when I'm all dressed up - ex: NYE) for a drink, but right as we were getting there his friends left and my drink fell off the slanted bar and made me look more drunk than I actually was (note: it was NOT my fault, I didn't even touch it!!). We then walked home, and my feet hurt really bad at that point, then I passed out.
It really was a fabulous night and I was so happy to have such a wonderful, fun date and such amazing friends to share it with (my apologizes for the gushy-ness but I'm just SO happy that this year was a million times better than last year's law school prom).
Here are some pictures of the night:

I found Stacy who I <3:
Lisa, Brittan, Natalie and myself (aka some of my very favorite ladies in law school)
Dustin with Brittan and Lisa:
Dustin and myself at the prefunk:
Natalie and I at one of the music exhibits, getting ready to sing some nirvana:
Me, Erin & Fluffy Face:
Sister Roommies:
Me and my hot date (prom pose status) (also, I like him):
So that was my 2L law school prom experience. I loved all of it (minus my feet dying a little, that part sucked hah)!




1 comment:

Abby said...

Aw, looks like a fun night! Love your dress ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...