Yesterday morning my dad went fishing and he caught the HUGEST Springer Salmon. He totally would. Then he came in the house as I was in PJs having coffee with my mom and insisted we put on clothes, come outside and take pictures with the fish.
My Dad and I with the giant Salmon:
I had to leave shortly after that to go back to Seattle (it's finals time - but I do wish I could have spent more than like 12 hours at home, I wish I could have seen my friends, and I also wish I didn't have to leave my Fluffy Face there). Anyway, I didn't get away without my dad cutting off some giant chunks of salmon for me to take back to the city.
When I got back to Seattle I studied for a few hours, then helped Dustin clean his old apartment for a little bit (his lease is FINALLY up tomorrow, yay!) and then I made us dinner at his new apartment. Rosemary bread with olive oil for snacking while we were waiting for dinner to cook. Then we had the salmon baked with butter and lemon, some broccoli and brown rice. It was super tasty and mostly healthy. I was pretty proud of myself. OH we also each had a Full Sail pale ale (gotta represent Hood River, right? Both our salmon and our beer was from there, sweetttt).
Salmon right out of the oven (giant NOM, it was so SO delish):
P.S. I'm probably like the only person who thinks it's appropriate to post a picture of a dead creature, then post a picture of it chopped up and prepared as my dinner. I hope no one is grossed out/offended by it. I think growing up on a farm hardened me/made me appreciate good, fresh food/got me used to the fact that meat comes from animals that were once your pet. What? It's true.
2 comments:
Woah. That fish your dad caught really is huge, you weren't joking lol :)
Day By Diva
Day By Diva
Day By Diva
That salmon looks delicious! Way to go dad :)
Post a Comment