But I did have a massage scheduled for today. I went in with shoulder and upper back pain mostly (standard after my accident) and I told my massage therapist, Josh, how stressed I was feeling today. So he focused part of my massage on stress relief stuff (probably b/c stress makes my shoulders feel even worse) and I felt so much better afterwards. I could take a deep breath again, and so much of the tension and pain from my shoulders was gone. It was magical. I guess I understand why people get relaxation massages now - I've still never had a completely relaxing massage and I totally want one.
Afterwards I went outside and it wasn't raining anymore. Then I went to Trader Joe's. When I came home I made a SUPER tasty ham and swiss casserole with leftover ham from Easter dinner.
SIDEBAR: I made an awesome Easter dinner for Dustin and I last night that included: deviled eggs, asparagus, mashed potatoes & gravy, wine, & a ham (I had never made a ham before). It turned out really awesome and I was proud of myself. We also had easter breakfast together (French Toast casserole with a brown sugar pecan topping, and fresh strawberries). I felt like a real grown up yesterday which is really rare for me! I also had some crazy deja vu yesterday as well! I guess that means I was supposed to be doing grown-up, domestic things in Dustin's new apartment?
here is a picture of me before nomming on some dinz:
As I was saying before my sidebar, leftover dinner tonight was awesome. I made some steamed broccoli with my casserole, and the whole thing was super tasty. So, my day finally started to look up, which is always something I appreciate.
Also, this song is totally helping put me in a good mood. I hope it brightens your day a little as well:
No comments:
Post a Comment