So yesterday there was a living social deal for a month of unlimited hot yoga at ilovehotyoga which is just a few blocks from my house. Feeling the stress of my approaching finals and feeling like a fat kid I decided to buy it.
Classes were cancelled today before 1, so my first class is at 2:30 (some weird private,catholic school thing, I guess). Yesterday I went to class and then went to Zoka and worked on my Indian Gaming Law paper for a few hours. After that I came home and chilled. Ate dinner and things. Then I got kind of bored for the first time in a long time, so I decided to drink a glass of wine. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of a big glass of wine (but I didn't even finish all of it). I drank my wine, went to bed, whatever.
This morning I woke up at like 8:40 and the first thing that popped into my head was HOT YOGA! So much energy! Let's GO! So I get up and chug a glass of water. So not enough. I got dressed and went to class without eating anything. Big big epic mistakes. I've done hot yoga a handful of times before, but oh my gosh today was the hardest worst class I've ever been to. It was a 90 minute Hatha class and I felt like I was going to vomit through most of it. I had to keep laying down through the first part of the class and I was luckily able to complete most of the ground exercises at the end. But it was really awkward and embarrassing because I was laying down as much if not more than the overweight guy in class who had never been to yoga, ever, in his whole life. Whatever. I made it without vomming/passing out, but I felt SO weak afterwards. Boo.
Anyway lesson learned: don't go to morning hot yoga unless you've throughly hydrated the night before/woke up early enough to hydrate some more and eat something a while before class starts. Also don't drink the night before morning hot yoga (even if it is just one glass of wine that you don't finish). AND don't wear shorts that are going to show your vagina to the world. That was my other awkward fail. YUK! I am going to try my hardest to never do any of those things again. You should too. Learn from my mistakes, friends! BUT I am totally determine to go back again soon. Maybe tomorrow. I just need to make sure that I hydrate all day first. I CAN DO IT! Ha.
Ok I have to go to my Professional Responsibility (= ethics) reading now. That's going to be a bummer. Also maybe drink some coffee because I am super tired after laying on the floor in a hot room for a 1/2 hour... haha! Have a wonderful day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment