Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After Thanksgiving (Not Black Friday)

Yesterday, Thanksgiving was delicious. It was just a delicious day in general. Most of the day was low key. Example: I spent an hour on the phone with someone in India trying to get our wireless internet working and when it finally turned on, it was a Thanksgiving Miracle (#1). Then it was the afternoon and almost dinner time and my brother’s girlfriend got off work and my friend Marissa came over and we all ate. My mom made ham AND turkey and lots of other delicious things. It was good. Then we ate pumpkin pie and wild blackberry pie and some of my belated birthday cake (which was my mom’s homemade carrot cake, and it is like, the best cake EVER). Then I went food coma status for a while and tried to craft a skirt. I semi failed. It needs more work.

Later, in the night time, I met up with Beth and Marissa. We were going to meet our friends, but they were being jerksauce/lamefaces. So instead we went to the Red Carpet (remember how I love the red carpet?) because Ho Ho’s was closed, and it was the only bar in town open, and it really was a Thanksgiving Miracle (#2)! A little while later, all of our jerksauce friends showed up, and they weren’t so jerksauce anymore and we had a girls only dance party to the classy jukebox in the divest bar in Hood River with sketchy old men watching. And it was fun times.

Today I woke up and ate pumpkin pie for breakfast. Because I don’t care about calories today or yesterday or most of the time I guess. And then I ate more leftovers later. Thanksgiving leftovers (especially leftover sandwiches, Rebeka style) may be my favorite meal in the whole world:

Today after my breakfast of pie/champions, I went to the Dalles to meet my baby Tot cousin for the first time. He was born the day after my 25th birthday and he is just so perfect! His real name is Rogue (but you should call him Tot) and we’re basically best friends (love at first sight?). Also while I was visiting he had the most giant vomit ever. It was like a fountain of vomit that barely missed Katie’s face. Silly Tot cousin!

Chip took pictures of us being in love on his phone and on his camera too, but I haven’t harassed him to send me them yet, so you’re stuck with this one of him and Katie on the day he was born:

Later tonight: belated birthday love will be had with Beth and Marissa, and then we will engage in some more girl time with more lovely ladies.

Tomorrow: I’m headed back to Seattle.

Sunday: the plan is: homework, so much homework and a whole paper about the Indianz.

I don’t want this weekend to be over. And I guess it’s not. It’s only 1/2 over. And I hope the last 1/2 is as good as the first.

P.S. The title of this post is the way it is because, confession, I don’t like black Friday. I don’t really get it. I especially don’t get why, if for some reason, you felt the need to go shopping at the crack of dawn, you wouldn’t just wake up, turn on your laptop and do your shopping from bed on amazon.com instead of waiting in like, in the rain, outside of wal mart? No one looks cute waiting in the rain in the middle of the night outside of Wal Mart. NO ONE! Not cute!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Seattle! I'm from Bellevue:-)

I say calories don't count between Thanksgiving and New Years, so hard to say no to all the deliciousness this time of year!

Legally Lovely said...

Silly goose, calories don't exist on Thanksgiving! They also don't exist on leftover days, stress eating, birthdays, other holidays, weekends, or during happy hour. So many exceptions. ; )

Black Friday is totally cray, but I love the thrill, for some absurd reason. I bought a few presents last night, and also some black suede platform booties with rouching on the side. In the words of Ms. Zoe, "I DIE." Good luck with all your work! I MUST STUDY TOMORROW or I will fail Con Law.

Adios, west coaster. xoxooxox.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry.

I think it's because you mentioned Tot's vomit fountain.

Eww, gross, totally joking. But I do still regret not stuffing my face more with your mother's delicious cooking. I want candied sweet potatoes in or around my mouth. NOW.

Feel free to delete this comment ;)

ps I love you!

SummerBreeze said...

Happy happy Thanksgiving!

Tot is too cute!

I hope you enjoyed your time in Dallas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...