Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday Date Night

So apparently winter break means lots of time for blogging. Hooray!

Last night Dustin and I went on a date. Like a date date. I even wore heels!!

I don’t know about you guys but Dustin and I usually just make plans to “hang out”. We don’t normally make date plans. We’ll hang out and then decide to go somewhere to eat or whatever. I don’t know why it’s different, but I was excited for a date date in all of my winter break boredom. Mostly because it gave me an excuse to do my hair and makeup and put on a cute outfit. 

He picked me up after work and we drove to Greenwood because he made me choose where I wanted to go and I said Gainsbourg (really I said “the French place across from your apartment”). I was super proud of myself for choosing, because normally I’m a total girl about it and say “I don’t know where I want to go” about a hundred times before Dustin gets really frustrated and chooses for us. Whoops. Anyway, I chose and it was good until we parked and walked over there and it was all dark and there was a sign on the door that said “closed for improvements”. Whattheheck?! I chose and the restaurant I chose was CLOSED? Gah!

So, Dustin suggested we go to the brewery next door for a drink and a soft pretzel and a chance to re-evaluate our plans. He made me pull out my phone and get on yelp to decide where I wanted to go, round two. Gah! So much stress! But guess what guys? I chose TWICE in one night. When I was looking at places and getting frustrated because apparently I can’t use Yelp, Dustin said that there was a new wood fire/Italian pizza place up the street a few blocks in Phinney that wasn’t yet on Yelp. I was all, I WANT TO GO THERE! Because he’s always like “remember that one time we got drinks at that pizza place?” (when we walk by it) and I’m always like “no, I’ve never been there YOU’RE THINKING OF SOMEONE ELSE” and get all butthurt. And then he remembers it was him and Ben and Greg. Whatever.

So we finished our beers and walked up the street to restaurant #2, Cornuto, holding hands and it was good.

When we got there, there was one tiny booth left. Perf. The place was super small and dim and cozy and amazing. We ordered a pizza that was delicious and more beer (because I’m on breakkkk).

date night dec 14 2011 
And while we were sitting at dinner and Dustin was telling me about work, I had this “I’m a grown up” epiphany. It went like this: I’m 25 and on a date with my boyfriend at this romantic little restaurant, and he’s telling me about his grown up job and I’m wearing bootie heels and this is what, at 15 years old, I imagined life would be like at 25. And it was weird. But also good. So good.

And then we finished our beers and pizza and talked some more and then held hands and walked back to his place and then he took me home and I drove to the airport to pick up my roommate, Erin.

And guys, it was the best date night.

3 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

Awwwww - this is cute! I'm happy you got out for a date. I agree; it is always hard to plan for "dates" because you usually just end up hanging out. Although, Alex and I never really plan for dates anyhow, because we never see each other. booooo. Tomorrow though, I am surprising him and going to Columbus. His brother is letting me into the house and I'm going to have dinner cooked for him when he gets home from teaching. : ) Spaghetti, meatballs, sauteed mushrooms, garlic bread, and salad. Woot woot.

I like how you get all skeeved when you think Dustin has been somewhere with someone else. I think all girls do this. Also, is that A PERFECT SOCK BUN?! Please tell me it is, and then tell me how to do it because I can never get mine to look right, so I just give up. My hair always sticks out everywhere! Whatever you did, it looks cute. And I am happy you wore booties, because booties are awesome. Clearly, your 25-year old self has it pulled together. : )

Abby said...

Aww, so lucky you are already on break! Sounds like a wonderful date night, too adorable ;)

Emily said...

Okay, hi. I love you and your relationship. I'm going to live vicariously through it from now on?! Mmmmk? I'm super proud of you for choosing, because I am always so indecesive--I think I'm gonna get that restaurant shaker app for my phone so then I'll never have to choose :)
I love the picture the top lefthand of you and Dustin--so flipping cute. I also love your purple earrings. Yes. And I love your ephipany, don't you love when you're like--life is good...I'm proud of me...and I'm happy!!! oxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...