Yesterday was an emotional breakdown kind of day. I started tearing up in class. Feeling inadequate once again. Feeling like everyone was smarter than me. Feeling like I shouldn't have been there, like I didn't enjoy it, any of it. Feeling like it was just too hard. It's too boring. It's too awful. I had one of those days yesterday where I legitimately wanted to drop out of law school and enroll in beauty school instead. I'm good at making people look cute. I'm good at doing hair. I could do that for a living, right? Screw law school. Because, like I said, that ish is TOO HARD!
But then, today, I woke up and things were just a little bit better. I realized that I'm smarter than lots of people. Maybe not people in law school, but people in general. I realized that at least I have a well-rounded life. I have friends. I'm not just school. I also woke up and realized that someone very special will be back tomorrow. And this morning I remembered that all the debt will work itself out. I realized that things like this always work themselves out. They have to, right?
This isn't to say that I still don't have "I hate this" moments. Like this morning in Real Estate when he was talking for an hour and a half about, really, I have no idea what he was talking about. And I realized that I was paying $122 to sit there and listen to him talk about confusing nothingness. Talk about frustration. Because that's how I was feeling. Poor (in more ways than one) and unintelligent and frustrated.
But then I looked to my right and there were two of my favorite people in school. And one more favorite sitting in front of me. And I realized that I'm not the only one who was confused in that moment. They weree too. Everyone sitting there in Real Estate in that moment was in a similar boat. All floating together. Hanging on for dear life. But maybe I'm luckier than most people because I remembered that later I get to get off my boat go to dinner at Skillet with those three awesome friendz. And I get to vent about life. And I will feel better. Because when law school sucks I can remember that at least I still have friends. And things like that are important. And also did I mention that someone very amazing comes back to me tomorrow? That is also most important. And most exciting. For me, anyway.
So for now, I'm happy that my emotional, breakdown in class, type of day is over. At least temporarily. And in the meantime I will listen to this song, which I forgot about until this morning. Thank you, Pandora for reminding me.
3 comments:
I think all law students must be hitting a rough spot in the semester - I think a lot of us are feeling ridiculously overwhelmed lately! I'm not sure what it is, but there's something in the air...
I hope you get to relax a little this weekend! Keep your chin up lady; you're really almost done!
I agree with Legally Lovely. It's the break-down time of the semester. The Dean at my law school calls is "the wall."
Keep your head up pretty girl! You have good friends and a good attitude. You'll make it through!
k one more comment:
a) you are pretty AND popular! you can do this! almost done and then you will be a LAWYER! and you are WAY smarter then me and all us hood river peeps. but we're ok with that.
b) don't go to beauty school. you'd be way better as the DJ at Jack's ;)
Post a Comment