Friday, February 10, 2012

glasses

Guys, I’m thinking of getting some new glasses. Really exciting, right?

But I don’t want the extra fancy, super expensive glasses. I want to buy them from the interwebz. I think. Probably.

I’ve had my current pair of  glasses since the beginning of undergrad (what, like 7 years ago… wow). And the lenses haven’t been changed since probably my senior year of college. That makes seeing kind of hard when I wear them. But I’m pretty sure new lenses for my current glasses (which are fine enough, minus the fact that they have the Chanel Cs BE-DAZZLED – yeah, I said it – on the sides, and all of the rhinestones are starting to fall off, so it’s just Cs made of mostly holes – not cute) would be more expensive than a pair of interwebz glasses. And I would probably wear said new interwebz glasses more than the Chanel glasses with holes where the rhinestones used to be. So really it’s a win/win, right?

This is the only picture I could find (after like 10 minutes of searching on the trusty laptop) of me wearing my glasses. I clearly don’t wear them much anymore.
Here, in this majestic picture, I’m making pumpkin pie, in England, on American Thanksgiving. Like a week after I turned 21. Awesomeee!
AND fun fact: pre-photo we couldn’t find a pie pan anywhere. In ALL OF ENGLAND! True/very confusing story.
glasses

So, back to the interwebz glasses. I’ve been mostly looking at BONLOOK, EYEFLY, and LOOKMATIC.

I like that BONLOOK helps babies who can’t see and things.

And I like that LOOKMATIC’s glasses are only $88 (not that $99 for a complete pair of glasses on the other two sites is that much more).

SO MANY DECISIONS!

Also, I think I might want something a tad more obnoxious than my current glasses. Something like these, or these or these which might be like the first pair?

HELP! My questions for you all are: have you bought glasses online? Did you like them? Could you see out of them? Which site did you use? Please share.

Also, in case you’ve wondered where I’ve been all week (I know you haven’t but I’ll divulge anyway) – I’ve been doing my usual homework, school, work, gym, homework thang. But also I’ve been watching Battle Cat and cleaning all of Dustin’s apartment (best girlfriend ever) while he’s out of town being a grown up on a work trip (I wonder what grown-up-life is like?).

But mostly I’ve been playing with by buddy BC, eating all of D’s popcorn, and taking self portrait iPhone pictures like this one below, and then immediately texting them ALL to Dustin. I’m so cool.

BC & Rebeka



2 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

Holy eff, I am behind on my blogging. I haven't read blogs in forever because this stupid moot court is CONTROLLING MY LIFE.

Also, I went to Ohio this past weekend to love up on my boyfriend. Whatevs.

Okay, GLASSES. I like your old glasses! Thick frames are chic now, but so are bigger frames that are more retro. I've never ordered glasses online, so I am no help there. But, one day on Twitter, I remember that you posted a link to a good glasses sight and I wanted them.

HERE IS MY GENIUS ADVICE:

Make Dustin choose your glasses because he will be looking at them the most. Also, he will tell you what you will look hot in. In addition, boys like to feel like they are needed and have some power, so it will be a good ego boost for the DUSTINATOR.

MUCH LOVE.
IT'S 2AM. I NEED TO SLEEPZ NOW.

oxoxoxooxoxoxox
happy day of LOVE.

Sam Times said...

You look fine with or without glasses. Well, a friend of mine said that it really depends on which site you go. He also told me that this site is good, since they have lots of options there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...