Yesterday I had the best Valentine’s Day of any Valentine’s Day. Ever. I usually really dislike the day, but staying in and having a rad dinner and a rad night with my favorite person made the day happy. Low key = awesome. And so much fun.
Also, I want to tell you a secret, it was nice not to feel bitter on February 14th for probably the first time since elementary school. Because, well, let’s be honest: big paper heart pouches stapled together and filled with goodies from everyone in your class = awesome.
And come to think of it…
That’s basically what Dustin MADE me for V-day. A GIANT heart with lots of goodies in it:
The story behind this: a while back I told Dustin that I hated those heart shape boxes of chocolates you buy at the drug store. SO gross. I guess that made him determined to change my mind about heart shaped boxes of candy. So he made me this GIANT heart box and put SO MANY delicious candies and toys inside. Oh and there are lots of stickers on the box too.
He wins.
It was probably the cutest gift I have ever received.
Anyway, I took pictures of our dinner and more pictures of my sweet gift. But I’m too tired to post about any of that now.
Maybe tomorrow.
I want to write it down so I don’t forget. So it’s in blogland forever. The internet is seriously awesome.
Anyway, I hope that you all had a happy, non-resentful & bitter Valentine’s day. And even if you did, you have a whole year before you have to deal with the day again.
3 comments:
Wow! That seriously does sound like the best gift ever. I'm all about the low key Valentine's too. My favorite one was last year where I put on a cute dress and made dinner for my bf. Way more fun than going out :)
I'm jumping on the low-key chain --it's so much better! Alex asked me this past weekend if I wanted to go to a fancy restaurant, but I said, "nahhhh, that's not really who we are anyway." And then we ordered pizza and relaxed and all was good.
I was so excited to see what was in that heart box when I saw it, but then you were a meanie and didn't post any more pictures. Soooooooo...get on that! : )
That is an amazing heart! :)
Post a Comment