This weekend Dustin and I went to Hood River for some pre-bar-prep-fun! We got to stay for two nights (which was such a treat). The whole trip was so, so much fun. I loved.
One part of the trip though, was extra special. Dustin booked a mini-trip for us on the Mt. Hood Railroad. I had never been on a train before, but let me tell you, it was amazing. I LOVE TRAINS! It was so much fun.
The train left Hood River on Saturday morning and headed toward Mt. Hood.
The Mt. Hood Railroad goes along the Hood River and then up through the woods. After about 45 minutes it makes its first stop in Pine Grove. There is a fruit stand there with a little museum inside. The museum part of the stand is full of old orchard machinery and lots of information about the historic Hood River Valley. Dustin loved reading all of the plaques next to the pictures and machines on display. He’s such a smartie-pants.
In Pine Grove there was also an amazing view of both Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. It was beautiful! Naturally we took some pictures…
After we got back on the train and started moving again, Dustin and I decided to wander to the back of the train where it was partially open. It was warm out and it felt so good to stick my head out of the car into the wind and watch all of the beautifulness go by.
The train even drove right by Dustin’s parents’ house. We were in the back when it went by and Dustin’s mom was in the yard. We yelled “HI!” and she snapped a picture of us! I loved it!! It was silly how excited I got!
When we got back inside the train it was time fro them to feed us lunch: pulled pork sandwich, potato salad, baked beans, an apple and a cookie. It was yum!
Finally the train got to its turn-around-point in Parkdale. We all got off the train for 45 minutes and Dustin and I decided to go get a beer at a new brewery right next to where the train stopped (formerly Elliot Glacier Brew Pub now Solera Brewery).
This brewery has to have the best view in the Hood River Valley. It was so nice sitting outside in the sun, looking at the Mountain and chatting with a couple we had justmet from Portland (who were also on the train) over a few beers.
Mount Hood looks HUGE from the back part of the brewery. If you are ever in Parkdale, I highly suggest going to Solera and sitting outside in the back!
Anyway, after our beers we got back on the train and enjoyed the ride back. Dustin napped a little, we chatted and just relaxed (which was much needed considering how much fun we packed into the weekend).
Also they played Johnny Cash the whole way there and back. It made things that much better.
The train ride was so amazing. Thank you so, so much, Dustin for booking it for us!
3 comments:
Adorbs. I don't think I've ever been on a train, but it sounds like fun! Especially since you got to eat on the way and stop and get beerz. Also, has Dustin lost some weight? You both haz the skineez.
This looks like such an awesome weekend! :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Your comment made me smile. Looking forward to getting to know you :) YOU are a doll! Xo!
Heh, I've never been on a train before either but it's something I want to do! :D I'm glad you thought the ride was fun...that gives me more encouragement to ride a train. :)
Post a Comment