Yesterday morning I was being a big complainer about being in a bad mood for no reason, blah blah blah. Well I went to class, and that sucked, then I got rained on, then I went to a meeting and then I was heading home for some lunch and a nap before my late afternoon nap. And that's when it happened. I was rear-ended. And it sucked the most. And immediately after it happened and I was no longer being jolted forward and backward, the pain started. So after the obligatory exchange of information and her apologizing a million times and me calling my insurance company, I went to the Emergency Room. Because oh my gosh, it hurt so bad. I drove myself there, thinking I was mostly fine. I parked in the garage, got out and started to feel dizzy and confused. I went in and explained what happened to the intake person and gave him my debit card when he asked for my I.D. Needless to say I was then immediately rushed into the back and put into this:
A neck brace. And it was really really uncomfortable. And so not my best look ha. But after about 4 hours of waiting and X-Rays and tests and things, they told me my neck wasn't broken and I they took it off of me. Happiest moment of my day. Then a while later I got to come home. And then Dustin came and got me and made me a Cheesesteak for dinner and it was good. And he also woke me up in the night to make sure my concussion wasn't killing me. But before that, after the hospital I felt all weird and stupid (like, I couldn't think/speak like normal, and then I asked Dustin if that is what lots of people feel like all the time, and he said probably but most people probably don't know that it's weird to be thinking that slowly b/c that's what they always feel like, then I felt a little bad about that convo, like I was a bad person), and then I slept for 10 hours and now I'm sore and pissed and I have a headache, but things could be worse. Things could definitely be worse. At least the Doctor told me I couldn't go to school today, so I get to stay home and watch Sex in the City and other things that are on TV during the day, and take IB proufin and eat noodles. Noodles are delicious.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're OK!! What an ordeal...
Oh no, I am so sorry! Love the convo about slow thinking people, that is awesome and totally a conversation I would have with someone.
I also think it's funny that you wrote this: "I was heading home for some lunch and a nap before my late afternoon nap."
So you nap before the nap?? LOL! I know it's a typo, just struck me as funny because I could see myself napping in preparation for a nap. ;)
So sorry to hear about your accident. At least you're okay - and your car was in good enough shape to drive to the ER, so that's a plus, right? Hope you feel better soon!
I still can't believe this happened to you! I know I'd told you earlier in the day that you just needed some coffee and then your day would be better - obviously I was waaaayyyy off base on that one.
I hate that all of this happened, of course, but I am so glad you weren't hurt even more! You poor thing! Hopefully you enjoyed your rest day and are feeling better!!!! xoxoxoxo.
I'm saddened and surprised to read about what happened, but I am relieved and pleased you are okay for the most part. Keep strong!
You poor thing. I"m glad you are okay, and weren't injured more seriously--same with the person who rear ended you.
Enjoy the (much needed) R & R. I'll be thinking about you today. oxo
omgg that seriously suckks!! & I can confidently say that I know how you feel. I broke my back in 2 places in high school & I had to wear a neck & back brace :( I'm so sorry & hope you recover soon!!
Post a Comment