Yesterday was Dustin’s 32nd Birthday. So old. Ha, I kid. He spent most of his day traveling back from Virginia (he was there all week for work) but I picked him up from the airport at about 8:30pm with a bag of his favorite jalapeno chips and a card. We then went back to his (freshly cleaned) apartment so he could change and shower before heading out for birthday fun.
I had been cat-sitting battle cat, so when he got there this was waiting for him, yay:
We had dinner reservations at SeaStar (a raw seafood bar downtown) but had to pit-stop at Ben and Kate’s for a little birthday surprise.
The guys got Dustin a cruiser for his birthday. Amazing. They win at gift giving.
We ended up cancelling our dinner reservation and eating fish tacos at Ben’s, having a drink, then heading to the bar up on Phinney Ridge for some more drinks. The boys rode their bikes and I drove. I got there before them and had tequila shots waiting when they arrived.
We hung out at Prost (the same bar where Dustin and I spent NYE this year) and Dustin and I had a mini-photo-shoot. Yay:
It was a good time.
And don’t you love Dustin’s new birthday sweater (complete with awesome elbow pads = love)? And his friend love too?
Then Dustin and I walked to his house and ate some birthday cake (which I made, home-made-status. White cake with buttercream frosting and raspberry filling). It was a good end to the night. Except for when I got upset because he only gave me one bite of the piece then at the rest himself. Ha. I’m ridiculous sometimes.
Today Dustin and his friend Pickle (the guy in the green shirt) are off to Colorado for the University of Oregon football game. Hardcore. I can’t wait for him to be back for a few weeks on Sunday. It feels like he’s been gone non-stop lately. And also I really want to carve pumpkins, so he needs to get home ASAP so I can force him to do halloween things with me (like make candy corn infused vodka drinks and carve pumpkins).
Now I have to go get ready for my friend Sarah’s wedding! Yay!
I hope you all are having a great Friday!
4 comments:
Awwww! You win at being a girlfriend. I always think it is so stressful when girlfriends have to plan birthdays. Boyfriend's birthday was this summer, and I got so worked up over it that I just ended up being sick all night, because I suck. My body is weird at handling stress. But, you did a great job! Presents and homemade cake!!!! Plus, tequila. Looks like he had a good time! : )
Please, make him go home to you and carve pumpkins. I told boyfriend tonight that I wished we could do that, but we can't because we never see each other so I just pout a lot. IZ RUL CYOOT. not. Have a good weekend, lady!
Fraaaaand. I lurve this post. You guys are cuuuuute status :)
and you WIN at being a good girlfriend.
And I was thinking, does Prost mean "Cheers" in German? My grandma taught it to Z so I hope it means that and not something vulgar...
Tell me though, who/what is battle cat?
Marissa - yes it does! So no your GMa isn't teaching your little one vulgar wolds haha! Also Battle Cat is Dustin's cat. He's black and awesome. AND Please give you e-mail address to blogger/google so that I can respond to your comments. kthxby.
ah! just saw this. what address? am i doing it right?? help.
Post a Comment