This weekend was busy, and when it ended I was more tired than when it started. I spent all day Friday doing work at school for my clinic. Talk about time suckage. I did manage to go on a mini-date with Dustin to Bastille in Ballard. I’ve been wanting to go there for a long time now. Had I not been suffering one of the worst stomach aches of my life (no exaggeration, I almost cried in the restaurant), I think I would have enjoyed it much more. I had the Croque Monsieur, and they gave us pom frites to share. And also we got baguette and Dustin had muscles and I had wine too. Looking back I’m sure that dinner just made my stomach ache worse. I shouldn’t eat bread. Or cheese. Or french fries. But the restaurant was super romantic and awesome and other than my pain I liked it. Dates with Dustin are the best.
Early Saturday morning I woke up and drove down to Portland for my cousin Katie’s baby shower. I got there 2 hours early (thanks mom for telling me the wrong time) and then killed two hours in Gresham. Part of it I spent laying in my car because my stomach STILL hurt. So then I took this picture so that you could know how I was feeling, and because I am the epitome of cool:
Katie and Tot (that’s what I call him) got a ton of cute stuff at the shower. He’s spoiled already. I love it! I can’t wait to meet my littlest cousin (and also, I’m pretty sure he’s going to be born on my birthday!! his due date is only 3 days after, c’mon Tot!).
Also, doesn’t this onesie crack you up? Ha!
After the shower I drove back to Hood River for Hops Fest. I drank many samples of fresh hop beerz with my friends, and it was good. And did I mention that I definitely wasn’t doing homework while I was drinking? Because I wasn’t. And I didn’t even feel that bad about it. Also I was super jeal of Beth’s amazing outfit (stripes, boots, pleated maxi dress? yes please)!
Then hops fest ended at 9pm with some Tony Smiley and me rushing and pushing my way to the front of the crowd for one last dancy song.
Next we went to the Pub (obvious choice). And I found Marissa! YAY! Finally! I had missed her at Hops Fest because she was moving. I don’t want to talk about it. Any of it. (ha, so dramatic):
After that we just had a standard night out in Hood River.
The next morning I spent some quality time with my favorite kitty (Fluffy Face). He tried to drink from my glass (after I snuck him into our house). So silly.
Then I drove back to Seattle on Sunday. Yesterday I suppose it was. And now I’m so so tired. I need a day to recover from my weekend, I think.
But then, in the midst of my tiredness this morning, I found this little buddy on my walkway, and I liked it:
Now I’m making venison stew. Nom nom. Hello Fall. Hello busy busy week filled with stew for every meal? Probably. Oh the life of a law student…
2 comments:
it sounds like a super busy weekend...but a fantastic one at that. do you still get the law student guilt when you do things like this--becuase i do :S hopefully by my 3rd year (next year) itll go away. enjoy the stew--it sounds delish.
I promise i will not be busy with homework or moving or ANYTHING next time you are here. Not even wild unicorns could drag me away.
k...maybe unicorns would distract me a little. BUT ONLY A LITTLE!!
excited for you to catch a deer soon.
kthnxbye.
Post a Comment