Ohh this weekend was another long one. I went home to my parents' house for some un-successful hunting on Saturday and came back to Seattle Sunday. 8 hours of driving in 2 days = a lot. Especially when you don’t get a deer like you were hoping you would. Also, I got tasked with writing a pre-trial motion on Friday that was due this morning. Gah. So much. Anyway, enough complaining. On Friday night I went to my friend Sarah’s wedding with my roommate Kylee (we were each other's dates, because we’re really cool, obviously).
Her wedding was at Hidden Meadows which is about 45 minutes north-ish of Seattle, in Snohomish. The venue was really cute – I was definitely a fan. The ceremony started at 5pm and then after that there was a cocktail hour, during which we mingled and enjoyed some wine. AND my “big sis” (and her awesome husband, Rick) was there. I hadn’t seen her in what seems like forever, so it was really fun catching up. Kylee and I hung out with Marian (big sis) and Rick basically the whole time. It was a good time.
Me, Marian and Kylee at the Cocktail hour:
Side note: Marian is my “big sis” from the sorority, and Sarah, the bride, was my “twin” meaning that we had the same “big” AKA Marian. And Kylee was our sorority sister too. Sarah, Kylee and I lived together in the same room in the sorority our Sophomore year and it was a super good time (think love sacs and many secrete McDonalds trips and forcing boys to do things for us, like put together futons and go on Dorritos runs for us during Finals haha). And Now Kylee is my roommie again. So much Zeta Love!
Marian, Sarah, Kylee and Me at the Cocktail Hour:
After the cocktail hour they did toasts and fed us mini-foods (like sliders and other appetizer like snacks) which were delicious. Then Sarah and Collin cut their cake and had their first dance while we at mini-Trophy-cupcakes and had some more wine and then we got the dance party started. Marian, Rick, Kylee and I danced up a storm! My favorite was when they played Shout! – it really is the best wedding song (everyone think about the scene in Wedding Crashers ha). And we also shuffled to Party Rock (obvi).
Then, after an hour or two of dance party and snacks (they definitely brought out MORE sliders and cones of waffle fries = best idea ever), I was exhausted (Dustin’s Birthday the night before then working on that motion all day took it out of me)! So, I said goodbye to the wonderful bride and headed home to bed so I could wake up early the next morning and head back to White Salmon.
It was an awesome wedding! Congratulations Sarah and Collin!
1 comment:
I feel like you are always going to weddings! Crazy that everyone seems to be getting hitched these days.
Sadz that you didn't get a deer - next time! Hope you have been relaxing after all that excitement!
Post a Comment