Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Randomness

1. Yesterday I went to Dustin’s house to make us dinner. My dad gave me some salmon that he caught in the river (because that’s what he does, man things). And it needed to be cooked before it went bad and I felt like a terrible waster. Plus I never buy salmon because it’s expensive, so I figured I should take advantage. I went over to make us dinner, also because also my dad doesn’t understand single size (or I should say Rebeka size) portions. So our one piece of salmon fed both Dustin and I with leftovers (as I had anticipated). Anyway, I baked the salmon, made some asparagus and brown-rice-pasta, put them both together with a light creamy sauce then put the salmon on top. It was good (tooting my own horn, sorry) I win at quick Monday night dinner.'

2. I digress. I went over to Dustin’s to make dinner and he was all super smiley. I hadn’t seen him since his birthday because he was gone all weekend at the UO football game in Colorado. Lamesauce. He’s been gone like, non-stop for like, a month (like ha). Over it. Anyway, I thought he was just excited to see me. But he totally had something up his sleeve. When I went to open the fridge while making dinner I found flowers in there. I was all, “did someone give you birthday flowers? Weird..” And turned around and he had the hugest smile on his face. It was sweet. They were yellow tulips (tulips are my fav) and I was excited:

3. He also got me a book. But not just any book. A book that has his voice recorded in it. As in, his recorded voice reads the book to me. It’s a book about how he misses me when he’s gone. And it’s totally a kids book. And it was definitely very sweet. I give him props for his Monday night win (thanks, you).

4. It’s cold out. Very chilly. It’s officially fall, I think. I also I think I need more sweaters. Or maybe just a giant pendleton blanket to drape over my body forever. You can totally wear a blanket to law school, right? #imsocute

5. And today, speaking of being super cute, when I got to school I was all, Kyle I need coffee NOW (Kyle is my partner in the clinic, who I’m working on my theft 3 case, and my life with). I didn’t have time to get it before officer hours because Seattle traffic has been a nightmare since they closed the viaduct. And it took me like 45 minutes to get to school today. So I went across the street to starbucks, then came back all excited about my pumpkin spice americano. And then promptly spilled it on my shirt. Brown stain. Then I came home for lunch b/c one of my classes got cancelled and proceeded to spill red pasta sauce all over another part of my shirt. The boob part. WTF?

6. Now I’m off to interview another witness in my Theft 3 case. A police officer. Scary a little. I hope he’s nice and doesn’t give me a preemptive parking/speeding/sucking at life ticket or something? 

7. I hope you all have lovely days (and easy commutes, because traffic is a b-word). xxoo

2 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

Okay, Ms. Thing, tell me how you made salmon. I made salmon tonight with asparagus (we are twinsies!!!) but I set off the fire alarm THREE TIMES and my baking pan cracked right down the middle while cooking. I did it under the broiler, because it told me to, but then that disaster happened. Give me tips, please. Also, Dustin is too awesome. I lovez.

Emily said...

a premptive sucking at life ticket. ha. i'm pretty impressed with Dustin--does he have any friends who live in the midwest. and i'm impressed with your cooking--sigh. isn't it your birthday week this week!? if so, i hope it's wonderful!!! oxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...