Monday, January 16, 2012

I’m hopping on the SNOW bandwagon

It’s snowy outside. Oh Em Gee.

just look at that view from my kitchen (it’s clearly very fancy) & that 1/2 inch of snow (it’s clearly worth freaking out over):

In most places the snow isn’t a big deal, but in Seattle it snows like 1/2 inch and everyone (including me) freaks the F out.

I think it’s because there are SO many hills in Seattle. And also they don’t have snow plows here or something? I don’t get it. But really, it might be because the snow is always on top of a crapload of ice. Truth.

Dustin told me it is supposed to start snowing again at noon today. He is cancelling his work trip to Chicago for fear of not being able to get to the airport tomorrow morning.

My roommate, Erin, told me it is supposed to snow EIGHT inches by Wednesday. Snow day tomorrow? Please?

At home in White Salmon it’ll snow like three feet in one night and I’m all “no big deal, I can totes drive in this. Peaceout, family!” Here I’m like, “I NEED TO GO TO TRADER JOE’S IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT STARTS SNOWING MORE TO GET 2 WEEKS WORTH OF WINE AND VEGTIBLES AND FROZEN FOOD SO I WON’T DIE WHEN I GET SNOWED IN FOR DAYSSS!!”

Even though TJ’s is only probably a mile away and I could totally walk there if I was starving (or out of wine). I’m so dramatic.

But guys, I can’t help it. I get sucked into the snow frenzy-ness everyone in this city feels. And it’s kind of fun. Probably because it only snows like once a year here (if that). And the snow is a legitimate excuse not to do things, like get dressed or go to school. It’s too dangerous to drive in these conditions, professor. And also I live on a really steep hill, and I drive a corolla. So I’ll be staying home, thanks. And they’re like it’s ok I’m not going to school either! And we all win and then I sit by my fireplace all day long.

Alright, I’m outtie to go stock up on essentials at the grocery store, then I’m going to do some legitimate hibernating (and eating and maybe day drinking?). Probably in my fleece lined leggings. Because of the cold. Be safe and warm, friends!  



3 comments:

SummerBreeze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SummerBreeze said...

Hahaha. "Snow" days in Texas are exactly the same way! There was this weird ice storm followed by 10 inches of snow last year and I literally did not leave my house for 4 days...except to walk to the grocery and liquor store. It was pretty much the greatest hibernation period ever.

Enjoy your snow days! I'm super jealous It's 72 degrees here. In mid January.

christine donee said...

give me your snow.

err.

please?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...