I’m mad at Wells Fargo. Why? You ask. Well, let me tell you.
Yesterday I went into the bank to try and deposit my financial aid check (you know, so I could like, live and buy books and things, crazy me) and the teller told me that if I wanted my money to be available today (AKA Friday) I should go outside to the ATM and deposit my check that way, because the ATM had a later deposit cut off time than they have when you deposit money inside (meaning my money would be available the next day instead of the day after that). I was like, sweet, thanks bank teller! So I went outside, deposited my check and then it spit this receipt out at me saying that NONE OF MY MONIES would be available until January 24th because my financial aid check (FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT) was “high risk”". WTF? The 24th is like TWELVE DAYS FROM NOW! Are you KIDDING?
So in my rage/confusion, I went inside and they were like “there is nothing we can do” and then they gave me some 800 number so I sat in the middle of their bank and I called someone far away on my cell phone, and they were like, there is nothing we can do. I have a hard time believing there is NOTHING anyone could have done. Then the bank manager was like, call me tomorrow and I’ll try one last thing. And I was like I NEED TO BUY MY BOOKS, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! I’m in mothereffing law school. You are ruining my education and my life. And P.S. did you not hear the part where I told you that THE BANK TELLER TOLD ME TO DO THIS!? WHAT THE HECK?!
Then I walked outside and burst into tears. The really ugly, loud, panic attack type tears. I was SO mad. Then I proceeded to drive home, which was probably extremely unsafe considering I was having a panic attack/uncontrollably sobbing. Don’t judge me.
When I got home, I complained to my roommate. And I also text message complained to Dustin. And then pulled it together enough to go eat a chicken burger with my friends on Capitol Hill, and then when I came home after that, my eyes and my face hurt from crying and I was still mad and I went to sleep.
This morning I called the bank first thing and they were like, gurl, you crazy. All your monies are available, so weird. And I was like, um, ok, thanks I guess? Also WTF? But ok…
And I’m relieved, but still kind of pissed.
Good story, right?
So now I’m off to buy my books and get my swoll on at the gym (Imma be so jacked+tan, obviously). And maybe switch my bank too.
P.S. I found this this morning (thanks facebook) and it made me LOL:
4 comments:
BANKZ R STEWPID.
I am sorry that happened. That is so lame that the cashier told you to do something, but obviously didn't care about the predicament it got you into. boo.
But, I am happy it all worked out! Weird that it told you it would take so long, and then it didn't.
Otherwise, Dustin would have been buying ALL YOUR FOOD. ; )
That same thing happened to me back in 2003 when I went to deposit a financial aid check for law school. I also bank at Wells Fargo. I know your pain, it's totally ridiculous.
Ugh, I am so sorry that happened. Awkward bank situations and unhelpful tellers are THE WORST!
And Bank of America is no better. I'm totally in the same boat of hating my mainstream bank and wanting to switch. But I'm too nervous to leave and join a credit union? And I would feel really bad closing my account 'cause people might LOSE THEIR JOBS. That's what the B of A teller told me would happen last time I mentioned closing my account. And also, we're on a first name basis now so it would be ultimate BETRAYAL if I left...
ps I love that video..."Ivory or cream or BONE."
f the bank. that sucks. also, you're constant encouragement doesn't go unnoticed. ur awesome. the end.
Post a Comment